Chapter 7

The police cabs were already there, Liz could see Winston and Em questioning an old lady. She took a detour to the back and parked her car near an old bakery. After locking up, she broke off in a run.

The years has slowed her down, but she needed to get to Jenny as quick as possible. As the wind whipped at her church robes, and her delicate shoes pounded against the gravel. She didn't stop to catch her breath until she reached the start of the thick green overgrowth.

She ran through the oaks, hoping she wasn't too late.

"Where the hell are you taking me?!" Jenny yelled at the top of her lungs. She was cradled in Ivan's arms. Unlike normal teenage boys, his body had no warmth. "Let me go!"

"Stop struggling or you'll hurt yourself."

"Screw you," Jenny clenched her fist and swung, she heard a satisfying crunch against his jaw and she felt herself falling down. Her fall was hard and the ground met her with a heavy thump. She felt pain shoot though her left shoulder, she must've at least broken a few bones.

"What was that for?" Ivan appeared in front of her, holding his jaw. "You're strong, for a girl." He smirked.

"Oh, you want more?" Jenny clenched her fist so hard, her knuckles went pale and her nails dug into her palm.

"No Angel, I think I'm fine with one." Ivan dropped his hand and there wasn't even a bruise, Jenny swore she heard bones break. "But I think I like you, you're different from the last one. She fell head's over heels for me, she was so easy, I didn't even have to try."

"There was another person like me? Can I have her name?" Jenny said curiously.

"Sure, it was something like Elizabeth Abernathy. It was a long time ago. I'm pretty sure she's alive since she kissed a devil, that would make her immortal, unless if she got herself killed, wonder where she is now?" Ivan shrugged and looked at Jenny's shocked face. "Can we go now? This time now punching?"

"Where to?" She crossed her arms and glared at the boy in front of her.

"To the Underworld of course." Ivan smirked and in a blink of an eye, Jenny was in the air again.

Memories flashed in front of her eyes as she continued to run and trip over roots. Liz wasn't going to let that happen to Jennifer Hawkwood. Centuries of pain.

His long black hair ruffled in the wind, 19 year old Liz watched him as they sailed through the night sky. She cuddled up to his chest, when she first saw him, she knew he was the one. She was ready to leave her old life behind, the bullies and her abusive parents. She wanted to run off with him.

"Ivan..." Liz said softly, but Ivan kept his stony expression. When they landed, they were in a small clearing, surrounded by huge oaks. "I love you."

"I'm a devil Liz, you can't love me. Even if you do, I will never." Liz felt as if someone had punched her gut.

"But we can be together!" Liz fought back the tears, after all they had been through, the pain, the blood and death.

"No we can't, I have to-" Liz pulled him in for a kiss, after a few seconds he pushed her away and Liz noticed his fists clenched. "What the hell? Do you know what you did? I'm a devil for god's sake!"

"I know and I wan't to be with you."

"You're mad woman!" Then Liz felt piercing pain in her heart, she fell to the ground clutching onto the grass.

"What did you do to yourself?" Ivan muttered and bent down towards her. Ivan's cold face was the last thing she saw before she blacked out.

When she woke up, god knows for how long she had been in a coma, she felt blank, like she was robbed from emotion. She felt different, like she had all the time in the world, then it dawned on her. The kiss with the devil.

She knew what she had gotten herself into, she was immortal but not in a good way. Pain kept on shooting into her heart, she needed to fix this. She crept out of her house and found her way in front of the church.

Every step burned as she stepped onto the holy grounds, but she put a smile on and trudged through the oak doors.

No, she wasn't going to let that happen to her.