I scoot over a little bit and try to focus back on the field. I was at Hunter's second to last game of the season and their last home game. Since it was Halloween, there seemed to be a lot of people here tonight. It was cool to see that this school supported all of the sports teams and not just the big ones like football and basketball. We were winning so far and the game was almost over.

Jai and Imani had some paint and decorations so we did a little face makeup and wore the team colors. It was actually fun and reminded me of high school and how popular the games were. We were all having a really good time and I was happy to be here supporting Hunter and Nick, as well as the rest of the team. Things were going well and I was happy to say that I was actually having a great night.

There are only a few seconds left of the game and luckily Hunter catches the ball and makes his way to the goal. Everyone is yelling and on edge for what's to come next, including myself. But as always, Hunter never ceases to amaze me. He shoots the ball into the goal right at the last few seconds, scoring the team an extra 3 points. So when the game finally ends and we end up winning, everyone is screaming and stomping on the stands.

His teammates run over to him and they all cover him in hugs and everyone is cheering loudly. This was a really good season for the team as they've only lost 2 out of all of their games this semester (I couldn't keep track of how many games they've had but I know it was a lot).

I tell Jai and Imani to wait for me while I go congratulate Hunter on his big win, but grow annoyed as I try to navigate my way around the busy crowd. There were a lot more people here than I was honestly anticipating. So after I was able to make it through the large and extremely slow crowd, I make my way onto the field. I see that Hunter is surrounded by a group that consisted of mostly girls and of course...his lab partner.

Did I ever mention that I really dislike his friends? I dislike them because they steal all of his time away from me. And plus, I just hate when any female tries to be his friend, especially his lab partner because I know her intentions aren't to just be his friend. And I'm more than sure Hunter is going to act oblivious as if he doesn't know she likes him.

I inhale sharply and stuff my hands deep into the pockets of my jean jacket as I trudge over to Hunter. All of the girls are giggling at whatever Hunter must've said and when I see his lab partner Sarah touch his arm I press my lips together tightly. I head right over to the group and put on the biggest smile that I can manage.

"Good game!" I exclaim, causing everyone to look over at me. Hunter looks shocked to see me but he also smiles and looks happy.

I shove past Sarah's arm so that it breaks the grip she had on him, causing her to scoff. I grip Hunter's neck with my cold fingers and kiss him right on the lips in front of all of them. Hunter kisses me back and I smile against his lips. We pull away after what seems like awhile of kissing but in reality really wasn't at all, and Hunter still has the shocked, yet pleased look on his face.

"Thank you." He replies breathlessly. And I don't think he was just thanking me for my words.

"You were really great, Hunter," Sarah agrees with a smile. "Lacrosse was suddenly interesting when I saw how fast you were."

"This stick is my good luck charm." Hunter smiles proudly as he twirls the stick around.

"It's actually really cool." Another girl says, as she eyes the lacrosse stick with awe.

"I got it for him. He's used it ever since." I say.

"Oh," Sarah says and looks away for a brief moment. "Well Hunter, I guess we'll see you at the party tonight."

"Oh, yeah." Hunter nods at her as his arm snakes around my waist.

Sarah glances at his arm around my waist before looking up at me and I give her an innocent smile. Her face looks a bit angry which was what I was hoping for as she walks away with her friends. Hopefully she learns her lesson. I wait until they're far enough to turn to look at Hunter. He wraps both arms around my waist and I wrap my arms around his neck.