The Beginning of the Rest of Forever

-Helena pov-

"Victor?" I called out before entering his large study. He was nowhere to be found and I was beginning to worry. He never disappeared like this, he usually let me know when he was leaving. "Where have you gone my dear?" I murmured to myself as I looked out of the window at the large green garden that lay before me.

"I heard my name." I felt Victor wrap his arms around my waist, resting his chin on my shoulder.

"Where were you? I've been looking everywhere for you!" I pull away from his embrace, crossing my arms as I faced him. Victor was looking just as handsome as ever. His bright green eyes sparkled with mischief, his smile wide for someone who was about to be scolded by their girlfriend. His ink black hair was stylishly styled, not a hair out of place. He wore a fitted black suit, making me feel under dressed in my white summer dress. "That smile won't get you out of this one Victor. I was worried sick. I thought something had happened."

"Aww, you worry about me." I roll my eyes at him, walking past him to lean against the edge of his desk.

"Of course I do dummy, someone has to watch after you. You know for being this great and mighty king, you sure are a kid at heart." Victor sighs as he sits at his large chair, pulling me onto his lap.

"I'm not really king yet you know."

"You might as well be, you've been taking over since we got here. How long ago was that? Almost a year now." Time sure flew by, ever since we stepped foot here Victor has been prepping to take over for his dad who was still somewhat sick. He has been doing better, but was still frail and wanted Victor to soon take over and release him from his duties.

"That's actually why I need to talk to you." Victor twirls a lock of my hair between his fingers, suddenly sounding very serious.

"Why?" I asked, wondering what he could possibly need to talk to me about him becoming king.

"I will be king, soon. As you know, my father has been hinting that it needs to happen soon. He even set a date. But that's not what I needed to talk to you about." He stands up, taking my hands in his as we stand face to face. "I have no idea how I am going to do this but I guess this is as good as any." Victor nervously licks his lips before getting down on one knee before me.

"Ohmygosh! Yes! I do!" I blurted before he could open his mouth, making him frown.

"You were supposed to let me ask." Victor was starting to stand up but I pushed him down so that he remained on his knee.

"Ask me. Go ahead, I won't interrupt." 

Victor narrows his eyes at me but clears his throat and looks up at me. "Helena Anderson, ever since I met you I knew you were going to be huge pain and headache." I huffed, making him laugh. "I was right you know, you are a huge pain and a huge headache. But you are my huge pain and headache. I wouldn't want it any other way. You complete me in every way, you keep me sane, you keep me grounded, you make me whole. Life without you would be dull. You are the bright sunshine in my otherwise dark world, without you my life would have no meaning. I wouldn't be the man I am today if it wasn't for you. I really do mean that. You changed me for the better. You make me want to be a better person. You are the reason I can wake up everyday and smile, because I know I have you by my side. And I want to spend the rest of forever with you, both here and in the afterlife that awaits us beyond our mortal lives. So, Helena, will you marry me and complete me? Will you be my wife, my queen, my soul mate?"

"Yes." I managed to say through the happy tears that streamed down my face. Victor stood, gently taking my face in his hands and kissing me tenderly. I felt him slip something cool onto my ring finger of my right hand. I pulled away and looked down at the ring pop on my hand. I laughed, bringing the candy up to my mouth to taste it. "Mmm, cherry."