Always Watching

-Victor's pov-

I saw everything. I can't help but see it. I tried so hard to reach out to Helena as I watched her flee the party, but I had little to no effect. I couldn't even touch her hand without going right through it.

"She's a strong one Victor, I can see why you like her." She comes up behind me, the only one able to see me in all of this mess.

"I don't just like her, I love her." I growl at her, stomping away as her laugh fades behind me. I sigh and close my eyes as I make my way outside, not feeling the windy air hit me nor the sparse raindrops that fall from the dark grey clouds above me.

I close my eyes tightly and imagine myself besides Helena, trying to remember the feel of her warmth against my side and the looks she would give me despite not being able to see but staring straight at me nonetheless.

I open my eyes and find myself in my study, watching as Helena rifles through my always locked desk drawer. I keep it locked for a reason, I don't want anyone to find out. I try to stop her, to grab things away from her grasp but I can't. I can't do anything but watch as she discovers my secrets.

I see the sadness in her eyes as she grasps my bottle of antidepressants to her chest. I can see how much it affects her to find out about this side of me, which I wanted to keep from her at all times. I didn't want her to see this side of me.

She quickly shoves everything back in when a packet of papers falls from the stack. I see the words on those papers and go to grab them, to keep them away from her eyes, but she is much faster than I am.

It is pure torture to see her read it, to watch the hurt on her face. I should've torn those and burned them as soon as they came into my hands. I should've thrown them out as soon as her father signed them.

Next thing I know I watch her leave the room and hear her scream from the floor above me, the sounds of things breaking filling the silence. I run up the stairs as I watch her enter my room with anger filled eyes which then go blank as she climbs onto my bed and grips a pillow between her small hands.

I watch as she cries, each tear dripping from her face is a stab directly to my heart. How I long to reach out and wipe her tears and tell her how I feel. To show her that those papers mean nothing, that she means everything to me.

To hold her and tell her that I love her.
------------------

Author's Note:
-Just wanted to slip in Victor's point of view on what's been happening and to let you see he's been there the whole time, watching over Helena. He watches out for her even though he can't reach out to her physically. Hope you enjoy seeing it from a different perspective since I've mostly been giving Helena's point of view.