The Witch

-Victor pov-

The next morning I drove myself to the witch's house. I remembered that I had picked her up from here the night I hooked up with her. Another hoodie was pulled tight around me to hide my ugly face and body. It seemed to me that everyday the scars and marred skin seemed to get worse.

I angrily got out of my car and strode to her front door, pounding my fist onto the smooth wood. "I wondered when you would be back," she says as she opens the door with a smirk.

"Change it back."

"No can do sweetie. What's done is done." She looks me up and down, taking in my beastly form. A smile stays on her face as she watches my anger deepen.

"Change it, take it away, I don't care what you do just get this rid of. I can't stand to look at myself like this."

"Now you see what I see. Your ugly personality is now visible to your eyes. I can't change it, much as I would like to which I don't. Only someone who can love you despite your obvious flaws can change it."

"No one will love a hideous man like me. They love my good looks and charms."

"You still have your charms. And they do not love your good looks, they lust after them."

"Looks are important, they are what matters. Love is for fools without looks. I have to be good looking, as the prince I am the face of Genova. No one wants an ugly scarred face to lead them."

"I can't help you. Now leave." She shuts the door in my face and I bang on it with my closed fist.

"Come out here you stupid witch and fix this!" I hiss at the closed door but no one answers.

I curse under my breath and stomp back to the car. I hop in and slam the door behind me. She was no help and I knew the more I demanded she give me back my looks she would not listen.

I angrily drove back to my new hideout and found Roy at the door awaiting me. "My Prince, the Queen called and said you should not go out unless it was urgent or necessary. I am instructed to teach you here as your tutors will not be able to attend to your needs."

The anger within me bubbles even more and I tear off my hood to reveal my face to Roy. His eyes widen but he keeps his posture. "Do you really want to be around this monster?!" I hiss as I shove past him and march upstairs into my bedroom.

Everything was going south, none of this was supposed to happen. I was supposed to become king soon, marry a beautiful princess, and have an heir. Now I would be banished to the outskirts of Genova if I even stepped one scarred foot into the castle.

As I lay there the image of Helena popped back into my mind. I saw here standing before me in all her beauty. Her pale creamy skin glistened in the sunlight and her golden hair that reached her waist blew lightly in the breeze. Her piercing blue eyes stared deep into my eyes and she held out a hand to me. I reached out and put my hand in hers, and when I looked down I saw a scarred hand with black markings. Looking back at her she smiled and in her eyes I could see my hideous face smiling back at her. She kissed my cheek and let me hold her in my arms.

Why was I so obsessed with this girl? I groaned and emptied my mind of all thoughts, letting my eyes close and for sleep to overcome me.

-----------

-Helena's pov-

As I awoke I felt a heavy object over my waist. Behind me I felt the heat of another body close to my own. I reach out my hand to touch the object at my waist and feel an arm. I trail my hands up the fit arm until I feel a shoulder. I breathe in deeply and smell Luke.