Chapter Twenty-Six

About two weeks after the two had soul-bonded, Mark and Seán found themselves at another little get-together with their friends, of which included Bob, Wade, Mandy, Molly, and others of the like. Even Mark's old friend Tyler had come down, which excited him to no end. The gathering was supposed to be a sort of late "St. Patrick's Day celebration" (they'd said that as an excuse to just see everyone again--also, Tyler had gotten down here late, so he hadn't gotten to celebrate it with everyone else like normal).

Both Mark's boyfriend and his old friend had gotten along greatly (who would expect any different?), which he was really happy for. All of his friends--except for Bob and Wade--had freaked out when they'd learned the two were bonded, and Mark had rolled his eyes when Molly begrudgingly handed Mandy a twenty-dollar bill.

Everyone was sat together in Bob's living room, telling random stories and laughing loudly and cheerily. Bob and Mandy sat on the love seat, Wade, Molly, and Tyler sat on the couch, and Mark's friend Ryan sat on Bob's armchair--the rest of the guys included Mark and Seán themselves, Suzy and another friend Holly--who was tagging along with Suzy--and Matt--a friend of Ryan's--all of them sitting on the floor.

They were currently talking about odd things that had happened in past relationships--which was an odd topic, seeing as to how all of them were taken, three of the couples actually there. Mark and Seán were sat against the couch in front of Tyler, the elder's arm around his boyfriend's shoulder. The younger's arms were wrapped around his stomach and his head was placed in Mark's neck, both men smiling softly as Wade went on about the one time he'd dated a foreigner. He admitted he'd never do it again, to which Mark nudged Seán's side softly with a chuckle.

Seán glanced up, smiling softly and raising a brow. "What?"

"You're a foreigner. I'm glad I'm dating you, though," Mark said, grinning, "I wouldn't trade you for anything."

The younger grinned as well, rolling his eyes. "You kinda can't," he retorted, hitting Mark's leg with the back of his hand, "but I appreciate the effort."

"Thanks."

"Hey, wait," Ryan said from across the room, causing everyone to turn to him. He raised both of his eyebrows, turning towards the couple on the floor. "Aren't you the only foreign one here, Jack?"

Everyone else in the room frowned, looking around, and then, at the same time, they all nodded (it was more hilarious if you saw it, trust me). Seán said, "Yeah, I am." He then snapped his head to glare at Wade behind him, who threw his hands up in defense immediately. "Thanks for saying you wouldn't date me, Wade. I see how it is," he smarted, rolling his eyes. He rested his head back on Mark's shoulder, closing his eyes and smiling cheekily. "At least someone loves me."

"Wha--" Wade cried, throwing his hands up as everyone laughed at him. "What did I do!?"

Mark laughed, turning his head around to face his friend and smiling. "You said you wouldn't date my boyfriend, which is both rude and smart on your part, so," he picked his arm up, patting his friend's knee, "thanks, Wade, but also," his gentle hand then turned into a roughly raised middle finger, causing Wade to guffaw and the rest of them to laugh, "fuck you."

"Excuse you!" he crowed, kicking Mark's leg as the other man cackled, Seán laughing at his side. "You already have someone to do that."

"Yes indeedy, I do," he mumbled, earning a room full of "ew's", sans the, "Aww, that's so cute," from Matt, to which Seán raised an eyebrow and stared at him confusedly (when Matt saw it, he'd laughed loudly, causing everyone else to look at him as well, as they'd all been focused on Wade before).

Seán chuckled, shaking his head to himself. Mark felt as he huffed in his neck, both of them grinning and watching as Bob got up, crouching down to look at his game collection. He looked back to everyone else, asking, "Who wants to play a game?", to which Mark, Wade, Matt, Holly, and Suzy all raised their hands. Bob chuckled, sighing and sliding Wii remotes across the carpet to the ones who had raised their hands. "Since we have so many players--including myself--it seems that we're gonna have to play Brawl." He made his way back to his love seat after turning his television and console on, sitting back down next to Mandy and glancing around. "Is that alright with everyone?"