Chapter One

Mark sat silently on his bed, thumbing at his phone as he stared dejectedly down at it. Today was the day he and Wade--his Beta friend--had gone downtown to the mall to search for some new clothes (Wade had, of course, lost most of his and begged Mark to come along with him, as he "didn't want to be alone"). Mark would never believe that he'd actually lost the clothes over accidentally spilling bleach all over them, as he normally does, but whatever. He went anyways.

They'd met up at the entrance of the mall, smiling and offering each other gleeful greetings, before walking in together and immediately going to search for some shirts. They had then gone from place to place, buying different things for Wade (and maybe a few for Mark as well), before they'd finally decided it was time to go down to the food court for lunch.

Both men had walked to the area with their arms full of bags, choosing to go separate ways in order to get different meals. They'd agreed to meet at a table afterwards and split paths to go their own ways.

Mark had chosen to go to Chick-Fil-A - he was fond of their nuggets - and stood in line patiently. He ordered his food when need be, payed and took his bag with a "thank you", and then left to find his friend once again. After about a minute of searching, they'd finally found each other, grinning and making their way towards each other.

They'd greeted one another once again and tried to find a table, Mark crowing in triumph when he'd found one. They sat down, eating their own food silently. Afterwards, they'd made light conversation about different things, like the items they'd bought and how Molly (Wade's girlfriend) was doing. Wade had grinned when Mark asked that, going on a rant about how things were in between them and such.

Mark eventually piped up when Wade had stopped long enough to catch his breath. "Hey, I actually really have to piss right now, so I'm gonna..." He threw his thumb behind him, smiling awkwardly. Standing up, he grabbed his tray. "I'll be back, yeah?"

Wade nodded, standing up as well. He took his friend's tray from him, to which Mark nodded thankfully and took off to find the restroom.

It took him about ten minutes to find the hallway leading down to the restrooms, but when he did, he sighed in relief. "Thank God," he mumbled to himself. He made his way down the hall, smiling softly to himself as he hummed, when something suddenly stopped him in his tracks.

It was the smell of another Alpha, which would actually be normal - if only the scent wasn't so strong. The only other time he'd smelt this was when the Alpha teenagers back in high school would get in fights - this immediately confused him greatly, and he wondered why someone would actually be that aggressive in the mall, of all places.

And then he heard it; a small, whimpering voice pleading, "No, let me go, please."

Mark frowned deeply, scooting forward carefully to where he'd heard the voice. He knew it was coming from around the corner of the hallway, and he sincerely hoped he'd be able to solve this predicament quickly. He peeked his head around the corner, scowling even more when he saw something he'd wished he'd never seen - a poor, frail-looking boy, trembling wildly and eyes full of tears, trapped into a corner by a large Alpha.

"Oh, c'mon," the Alpha mumbled flirtatiously, and Mark found himself immediately becoming disgusted with him, "I know you want it, you slut."

"Get off of me," the boy whispered (Mark was suddenly glad his Alpha-senses allowed him to hear better).

The other man, instead of complying and backing off, grasped onto the smaller's wrists and yanked them above his head, pinning them to the wall behind him. The boy let out a cry, clenching his eyes shut tightly as a few tears slipped out.