Chapter Nineteen

A few days later, on the eighteenth of December, Mark had decided to Skype his mom and brother before the Christmas holiday came along. He already knew he'd be seeing them soon since he was going up there a few days before the holiday actually hit, but he figured that if he Skyped them now, they could get to meet (more like talk to) his boyfriend.

He'd been meaning to introduce them to each other for a while now, but it'd slipped his mind often, until now.

Mark had called Seán and told him to come over to his house so they could spend time together, but he hadn't told him that he'd basically be meeting his family. Currently, they were both sitting on his couch, Seán's legs laying over Mark's lap and his head on the arm of the couch. The elder was tapping a rhythm onto his boyfriend's shins, focusing on the side of his face as the other watched the television. He had wanted to say something for the past few minutes now, but could only bring himself to do so when he'd persuaded himself enough.

"Hey, love?" he questioned, stopping his tapping.

Seán picked his head up, looking towards Mark with curious eyes and a gentle smile. "Yeah?"

Mark's eyes suddenly widened and his mouth stopped in its tracks, hanging wide open. "Uh..." He didn't know if he should just be blunt with his question or not--he didn't want to startle his boyfriend. When he had finally settled on what he wanted to say, he asked quietly, "Do you mind if I introduce you to someone?"

Seán frowned, sitting up further. He pulled his legs from Mark's lap, crossing them Indian-style on the couch. "No, of course not." He leaned closer to Mark out of habit, eyes widening slightly. "Do we need to leave, or..?"

"No, we don't," he answered, leaning forward towards the table in front of him. He grasped his laptop in both hands and brought it to his lap, opening it up and signing in. "I'm just gonna Skype them, if you don't mind."

"I don't." The younger scooted closer to Mark, their knees pressing together and the faint smell of whatever shampoo his boyfriend used wafting into Mark's nose. The man's lips upturned, finger moving across the trackpad to the name "thomasf0728". He clicked on it, sitting back and reveling in the fact that his boyfriend looked very curious from what he could see onscreen.

The ringing from his laptop suddenly shut off and a familiar face--to Mark, anyway--showed up onscreen, a wide grin taking over both Mark and the lookalike's faces.

"Hey there!" the man on the other side of the screen cheered, waving lightly.

"Hey, Tom," Mark responded, grin still plastered on as he waved back. "How's it been goin'?"

"Great, man! How's it been goin' with you?" Before Mark could respond, however, the other male held his finger up to stop him. Mark could see as his eyes flickered to the right of his screen, a confused frown taking over his features. "Hey," he said, waving once again. "Are you Mark's friend, or...?"

Mark turned his head to glance at his boyfriend, whose eyes had widened and eyebrows had raised. He chuckled as Seán spoke up, "No, I'm..." He suddenly looked to Mark, a worried look on his face. The man nodded, telling him to continue. Seán looked back, continuing, "I'm his boyfriend."

The other man's eyes widened, his jaw dropping. "No way! That's awesome, bro." He gave a bigger wave this time, smiling politely. "I'm Thomas--nice to meet you."

"Seán," he said, smiling as well, "it's nice to meet you, too." He then tilted his head slightly, bumping into Mark's knee with his own. "Are you related to Mark, then?"

He nodded. "Yep, I sure am. I'm his brother." At Seán's shocked look, he continued, "What? Has he not told you about me?"