"She always manages to make him behave in a crazy way." Haylien said more to himself confusing me again with his words.

Sometimes he would say something that made least sense.

The match started and I noticed that Alexander was good, like really good. He was fast with dribbling and passing. It was like one minute he was on this end teasing the other team and the next minute he was on the other end already scoring a basket. I had no idea I could do that but I literally screamed with rest of the crowd.

All through the match, the enmity between one Blaze and Xander was prominent. They gave each other evil looks and even Blaze was an excellent player. Suddenly, it happened too fast. Blaze snatched and his other team mate fell down purposely on Xander, making them both fall on the ground.

As Blaze scored another basket, all attention shifted to the groaning in pain Xander. But somehow the coach was blinded or stupid and gave no penalty. Or maybe it was me that had no damn idea about the rules.

Without even thinking I got up and my feet carried me to an injured Xander. His elbows were scraped and so was his chin. School medics were helping him out and I felt stupid for coming here on impulse. Suddenly his eyes caught mine and he raised his hands to stop the medics and told them something I couldn't hear.

He gestured me to come to him and I hurried forward. I was unaware of the people and their reactions right now.

"You look better in my jersey than I do." Was the first thing he said as I sat down next to him.

I just blushed at loss for words right then.

"You okay?" He asked with a worried frown.

This was the Alexander that made me feel something familiar and strange. That made me feel protected like he could take all the dangers for me.

"Are you okay?" I asked looking at his injured hand.

"You can always help me." He said with a charming smile.

I picked up the cotton left my medics and started cleaning the wound.

"That Blaze guy needs a kick in his ass." I said not looking at him but at his wound.

"That he does. Did I tell you , you look hot in my jersey." I looked up and saw a dark emotion unfold in his eyes.

"I might be other things, but hot is not one of them Xander." I chuckled slowly.

His hands lifted to touch my fingers gently and I felt my heart hammering inside my chest.

"No one calls me that but somehow that fits me the best."

"Alex, we need you back in the game." One of the guys said.

He nodded and got up with a slight a slight wince.

"I think you are injured more than we can see." I said looking at him utterly worried.

"Can I get a hug then?" He asked obviously not serious.

But when I just stood there in shock, he just stepped forward and pulled me in for a hug.

I bet I heard loud gasp from the crowd.

He stepped away and went to join the game. I hurried back to the company of my friends both giving me an amused look.

***

Our school won the match and after a long time. Since Leonard Blaze joined the team, we have lost the match even if it was by a point or so. There was a huge celebration and I was trying to escape it. Being around Xander was not good for me today. I might end up doing something impulsive.

"Leaving the school celebration?" Tessa joined in and I nodded.

"Me too. I don't think parties and loud crowd is my scene." She said making me realise why we are friends in first place.

We were in the parking lot when I noticed a guy standing next to my car.

"Hell, he is Leonard Blaze." Tessa whispered me the information and I realised I knew that.

"Can you please get off my car?" I said curtly not sure why I was this angry at a random stranger.

"So you are the Freya Morenson?" He smirked at me, an evil smirk.

I just kept looking , rather glaring at him to ask something of importance and not waste my time.

He was as tall as Xander, with weird grey eyes flecked with black. He was really good-looking and his face was artistic yet too stiff in some way. He was not the alluring kind of handsome, he was intimidating and definitely sexy with grey blonde hair.

"Haven't you learned by now, stay away from Alexander, it will be better that way." Was he gay?

He sounded like Hailey with a crush on Alexander.

"Are you done? Now please move, I have to go back home." I ignored his words completely.

"Stubborn and pretty, this is going to be fun." And he bent down too fast and kissed my cheek.

Tessa was about to kick him when he skilfully dodged and went away winking in my direction.

I gulped and saw some dark aura lift off me when he walked away.

What the hell was happening today?

_________________________________________

This came along with my moody mind. I re-wrote it because I had certain changes in mind and I hope it came out fine.

Comment and let me know your thoughts so far?

Or can babble like who the hell is Leonard, that guy is such a nuisance or OMG  over the Xander/Freya moment.

And do remember to vote.

For those who don't know, have you checked out my new book  CAN YOU LOVE ME?

 I promise it is not boring XD.