Family Issues: Shu

You were freaking out, something that is not normally like you, you were running around like a headless chicken forgetting things and just generally freaking and stressing too much. You ran to the music room where you normally hang out with Shu, you were too meet him there about now but that's not why you were going there even though you had agreed to meet him during your algebra class as per usual but in fact you had totally forgot that he would be there waiting for you.

You flung the door to the music room open in a blind panic making Shu jump in surprise and almost fall of the couch he was relaxing on, Shu watched you ran to the desk that was at the back of the music room and drop a bunch of stuff on it, almost breaking the table in the process. He slowly walked over to the door and closed it over since you had forgotten to.

''Hey, (y/n)'' Shu said but you didn't hear him you were already jumping between scribbling furiously in 5 different homework notebooks, scanning your music scores and making sure your flute was working. Shu was just standing there wide eyed as he watched you, he had never seen you more freaked out and active as he was now and you guys had been hanging out for a few weeks now so he knew something had to be wrong with you.

He sighed and walked over behind you, placing his hands on your shoulders. You were so surprised you jumped and fell onto the floor, you looked up and finally acknowledged Shu's presence,

''Oh hi Shu, sorry I forgot you were here I'm just so busy I have to make sure I finish all this homework and memorize all these musics scores of by heart before I get home'' you said in a hurry as you stood up, not noticing one of your papers beneath your feet you slipped and fell forward causing Shu to move forward to catch you stopping you from falling face first.

You tried to pull away from him to get back to the desk but he refused to let you go, instead he picked you up and walked over to the couch placing you down and sitting next to you. You looked up to him really confused, he turned to you and stared at you with his deep blue eyes as if telling you not to move, which you didn't.

''(Y/n) you remember what I told you not long ago about what I am right?'' you thought back to the conversation a few days ago, it took a couple minuets longer than it normally would have but you finally remembered as you looked back to him,

''yeah, I remember you being really nervous because when you told me that you were a vampire you thought I would freak out, run away and never want to see you again. But I told you that, that would never happen because your the only close friend I have and that I can trust you with anything'' you said matter of factly wondering where he was going with this, he gave you a look that said ... so you know what I'm saying right? You just tilted your head in confusion making him sigh.

''Look somethings bothering you and I know that is something that never really happens to you. Your saying you need to do all this by the time you get home and your freaking out... somethings happening with your father that your not telling me right? You have never really told me about your family when I have so if you really can trust me with anything then... trust me'' you flinched at the mention of your father and started to shake, tears threatened to fall from your eyes but you pushed them back as you took a breath and turned to face Shu.

''Okay well the thing is... my father he doesn't exactly like me all that much. He blames me for my mothers death, you see when my mother was in labor with me the doctors told her that only one of us would be able to survive and because I couldn't make any decisions and due to the kind of person my mother was she made the decision almost instantaneously that she wanted to save me at the cost of her life. My father has always blamed me, apparently my mother was an amazing musician she could play any instrument given to her and she had the voice of an angel, to make me pay for 'killing' my mother my father has been pushing me to be the best I can be academically if I didn't keep up with grades and such he would beat me and if I didn't learn all the scores he gave me by the next night off by heart he would beat me more. I can't do it alone but he wont help me with any of it, he's expecting to much of me and I cant keep up with it all!'' At that tears started to flow down your face and you kept shaking more violently,

Shu listened to your whole story intently with anger and rage in his heart, sure he knew what his mother was like to him and Reiji but even still that was horrible didn't he know that expecting too much of someone would sooner break them than motivate them... maybe that's what he wanted.

He shook his head to get rid of his anger and pulled you into his chest hugging you to try and calm you down after all you were his friend and it was his job as a good friend to listen, comfort and help his friend. Once you had finished crying you pulled back and looked up into his eyes with a small smile,

''Thank you'' you sniffed, you had stopped shaking and your head felt a lot clearer than it had a few moments ago, Shu smiled at you and nodded his head,

''don't worry about it what are friends for huh? By the way if you want help with that stuff all you have to do is ask as long as you do the writing your father isn't going to know that I helped you right?'' you widened your eyes in surprise, you were so lucky to have such a good friend like Shu you thought about it and he was right your father thought you were a loner with no friends he would never find out,

''Shu?'' you said looking up to him once again finally making your decision,

''mmm?'' he hummed looking back down to you, you took a deep breath it was kind of embarrassing asking him to help you even though he had already helped you this much but you knew it was better than trying to do it all alone and falling into a panic attack.

''Would you please help me organize and complete all my work and scores by the end of school tonight'' you said quickly, he smiled and sighed in relief as he walked over to the desk and started to organize things from things that would take 5 minuets to things that would take longer. Once he was done he beckoned you over you took a deep breath and strengthened your resolve knowing that you had some help you got to work tackling the big mountain of work and with Shu's help you got it done with an hour to spare.

AN: Guys the quote at the top of this chapter is really deep and really true for how simple it is, never let anyone expect more of you than what you can accomplish and the same is true for you to never expect more of someone than they can physically and/or mentally handle. A little expectancy is good, healthy even it motivates people and helps them to work harder but too much of it can lead to stress and later depression if there's too much there it will sooner break the human spirit.