Chapter 59

For people like me, who have blocked out a chunk of their past, you wonder - if you open that door, if you walk into that room of your memories, what will happen? Will it destroy you or will it make you stronger?~ Tim Daly

Dedication: To LadyAlura for the wonderful votes and very enthusiastic comments. Thank you so much!

Dylan

The rubble smoked around me. Pieces lay, I was in a dazed state. How could they do this? How could Gemini be so cruel?

I'm sure if I had the chance to look around anymore, I would have wanted to do something. But, then everything around me slowed down, things moving more slowly, like going through honey.

White light flashed in front of my eyes, and I couldn't resist the urge to close them.

Great! I hope Heaven has good food.

However, when I opened my eyes, I was not in Heaven. I was in a room, all black, except for the clothes that I was wearing. I was dressed in all white. Confusion laced through me, but I was startled when a voice spoke at the door.

"I guess it's your time now." I turned slowly and spotted a man leaning against the door casually, dressed to the nines. He was wearing a tux, and had his eyebrow raised at me. "I knew you'd like this outfit." He grinned, white teeth winking out.

"Ok?" I asked confusion. "Can someone tell me what the fuck is going on?"

"Odd. Black Hawk said the same thing in her civilian form."

My eyes widened at that. "She did? Who is she? When was she here? How is she? I haven't been able-"

He held up a hand and cut me off. "Shut up. Stop talking. I'll answer then. Ok, first yes, she did. Second, I'm not telling you, that'd fuck up the timeline even more than it already it. Third, she was here a few seconds ago. Finally, no, she's not doing that great. I think I got all of." He stuck out his hand. "Pleasure to meet you. Michael Juno."

I stared at him blankly, raising my hand to shake his. His eyes were eerily familiar, but they were bugging me. I couldn't figure out where they were from.

"We've met before." I said, pointing at him. I knew his eyes. I knew them from somewhere.

He just chuckled. "Sure kid."

"Wait. Michael Juno. You're the one who's been placing clues all around the city. The time traveler. And I'd assume through space also."

He nodded. "Good job." He stepped back and crossed his arms. "Now you, Dylan, are very interesting. The way the timeline goes right now. Gemini brings down a tower, killing both you and your friends. Your story ends here. Black Hawk's is a bit different. She's been through a lot more than you have. I told her what was coming. I showed her the future, specifically, her future."

"You can't show mine, because of now, I die?" He grinned. "Good. You're getting it."

"Well, how do I stop it. It's not like I want to die?"

His grin only grew. "That's what makes you so interesting. Your fate lies not in your hands, but Black Hawk's. She, if making a choice, can save your life. You will live. Unfortunately, it's not going to be easy. Many of your friends help her."

"Besides that, why am I so interesting?" I frowned.

"Dylan, there is an organization brewing in New York. Already, in all of the state buildings, especially the ones in the city, they have people located. Assassins, mercenaries, politicians, plenty of people on their dime. But they all follow the order of one man. The Master."