Chapter 20

Every villain is a hero in his own mind~Tom Hiddleston

Dedication: To Awesome0012304, for being a fellow shipper and just an all around great person. Thank you so much for the votes, it truly means a lot.

Dylan

"So why were they attacking the Statue of Liberty, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, and the American Museum of Natural History? There must be something that ties all three of them together. And something that leads to the next location." I was pacing the in alleyway that Black Hawk pulled me into after we left the Museum.

Black Hawk talked to me as she scanned the map. "These are all historic places. They have all been around since the beginning of the 19th century. So we need to find what ties all of these together."

I rolled my eyes. "They're all really old. So what difference does that make?"

She crossed her arms and glared at me. "It makes all the difference in the world. It means that this has nothing to do with recent events. This must have been going on for a while."

"Right. Exactly." I paced back and forth between two rusty trash cans and racked my head.

"So we have to go to the Statue. Where they first attacked us." Black Hawk said.

"But why wouldn't we go the the train station first?" I asked. "The subway where the train derailed."

She shook her head. "I don't think that has anything to do with this. I'm pretty sure that was just a tactic to announce their arrival to the city."

Black Hawk rolled up the map and clenched her fist. "I'll meet you outside the Statue." She said, before vanishing out of sight.

I sighed and teleported the Statue, starling some very disgruntled German tourists. Black Hawk materialized next to me, causing me to jump twenty feet in the air.

"Jeez woman!" I said, pressing a hand to my heart. "Give a guy some warning next time." I wiped my forehead off with the back of my hand to prove my point even more. She just rolled her eyes and scanned the base of the Statue, from afar.

"All right, so where did we see them?" She asked. "You got here before me, right? So where were they before they grabbed those civilians?"

I pointed to the back of the Statue. "They were behind, in the back. Let's see if there are any access doors here." I go around back and gazed from afar. Without waiting for me, Black Hawk jumped over the fence and raced to the base of the Statue.

"Hey!" I hissed after her, following. You can't do that!"

She glanced behind me as she sprinted. "Do what?" She asked.

"Just jump over and go to the Statue! You know, it is protected!" I said. Behind me, I heard shouts from the people pursuing us. "And now you got us into trouble."

She shrugged, finally slowing down once we reach the base. "Not a big deal. Once they recognize us, they should let us through."

A policeman came up behind us, and I heard the click of his gun as he raised it up. "Turn around. Hands in the air."

Black Hawk rolled her eyes and continued to study the building. "I swear, are people in this city blind? You think the outfit would set off some indicators."

I turned around and motion for the policeman to stand down. "Look, this is involving Gemini." I explain.

"I suggest you stay out of it and let us do our work." Black Hawk but in.