Chapter 57

It's so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone.~ John Steinbeck

Dedication: To paintsandchestnuts for the wonderful voting! Thank you so much, it means a lot!

A/N: This chapter will be split. The italics will be Siena. The regular font will be... The other half. You'll see.

Siena

I screamed, as loud as I could, pounded my fists against the wall in anger, shouted at them. Of course, I would if I could.

The girl moved forward, her eyes blank, and without life in them. She looked like an android, eerily lifelike, but with no spark, no energy there to indicate that she was alive. There was nothing but monotonous movement coming out of her, efficient and clean, robotic.

I screamed, once more. What couldn't I move my own body? What was going on? I couldn't look down to see my own hands, I couldn't move, blink, dictate when I spoke. What was going on with me?

The girl shoved the annoyed noise back and faced the two people once more. She heard them give out directions to her, instructions on what she was supposed to do. She nodded once, then flared up her arms and teleported away.

The girl appeared in a building, and beside her were three duffle bags. Opening them up, she discovered a bomb in each.

WHAT? Why do I have a bomb? This isn't my body anymore! Let me out!

The robotic girl made no indication she was being given a fight, except for the slight eye twitch that occurred. She grit her teeth and shoved the girl once more back into the depths of her brain. She knew nothing other than what her superiors had told her, that was all she had to follow.

The girl moved upstairs clinically, efficiently. She dropped a bag where the predisposed location had been given, and pressed the buttons on them, turning the bombs on so that the receivers on each of them would be enabled.

Why are you doing this? Stop it! I focused all my energy one moving just one finger, just one hand, but nothing worked. I tried harder, and still, nothing. Nothing except the sound of my own voice reverberating around what used to be my brain. Until these psychos came in and forced me out.

I understood what had been going on. When-

"Stop." The girl ordered. She swept back the long blonde hair to keep out of her face while she checked over each of the bombs and made sure they worked, pulling out a few tools.

Is that really what I sound like? Anyways-

"No." the girl said again, and this time, the voice didn't resurface. She worked methodically, slowly unscrewing the panels and checking over the bomb pieces. Satisfied, she shut the panel back and moved towards the door. They didn't have to work perfectly, just distract Warrior and his team long enough so that they could attack the other building. It was going to be even harder now that they had his trusted partner.

She crept down the stairs quietly, then looked to her side twice to make sure that no one was there. Teleporting out, she reappeared in the warehouse where the other side of her had been tortured.

"Everything done?" 1 asked, her hands crossed. For once, she wasn't smirking at the girl, her eyes cold and hard. She crossed her arms and stood impatiently, a frown on her face.

The girl replied with a simple nod, and was given more orders.

"I want you to go to your apartment and pack your stuff. Bring it here. The second we kill Warrior and his friends, we're leaving."