Chapter 32

This thing of being a hero, about the main thing to it is to know when to die.~Will Rogers

Dedicated to the always spectacular GlitterArmour, for the constant commenting and the amazing votes. Thank you! <3

Dylan

Unlike Siena, I always enjoyed coming back home. Maybe it was a sign of how different we were, but I never understood why she hated the town so much. Yes, I mean, it was a little stifling for mt, but it was nothing compared to how she felt about it. Although, she was right. I did love the city.

Since the park was only a few blocks away from our house, and here everyone walked everywhere, Siena and decided to walk there due to her claustrophobia, even though it had improved greatly since the dog. Then, everyone wanted to tag along, so it ended up being a crowd of about nine people walking down the sidewalk, trying not to crash into each other.

Siena and I lagged behind, for we didn't want Charlotte to get trampled, and she didn't want to be picked up. The dog walked quietly ahead of us at the same speed, so I didn't have to pull or hold back on the leash.

"Have you had a few minutes to talk to Michael?" Siena murmured, stepping over a puddle of ice on the sidewalk.

I gave her a confused look. "Why?"

"I don't know. He mentioned that he had something to tell you, but he wouldn't tell me."

I raised my eyebrows. "He wants to talk to me instead of you? Surprising."

She smirked. "He just likes me better, for obvious reasons."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I insisted.

"Nothing." She said innocently, speeding ahead and walking in front of me. Immediately Charlotte sped up, running ahead to keep up with her owner. I jogged to catch up with both of them.

"When are we going to reach?" She sighed, putting her face in her hands and rubbing her eyes.

"Do you really hate this place that much?" I asked her.

"I have things I want to do, places I want to see, and frankly, I'm a bit tired of Myers Park." She replied, stuffing her hands inside her coat pockets.

We finally reached the park, which was pretty crowded, since all the kids were off from school and everyone had the same idea. Siena groaned and placed her head in her hands.

"I don't like people, and the only reason I came here was so that we could walk Charlotte."

"OK." I said. Siena had never liked people, and the claustrophobia seemed to increase that annoyance for her. Looking at the park, I saw that it was packed, and wouldn't be the best place for her to be in.

"All right. Why don't we go on the dog-walking trails to walk Charlotte. It'll probably be less crowded there."

"Yeah. Sure." She breathed, tightening her grip on the leash.

"We're going to walk the dog." I called over to my mom.

"Just be back before 7. We'll meet at the fountain." She yelled.

We set off on the path, and let me tell you, winter in a small town is beautiful. The icicles were hanging from the trees, and the sun was shining, so the snow was glinting on the ground like diamonds.

"The snow is too shiny." She complained, raising a hand over her eyes to cover them.

"Ok. Someone's feeling extra bitchy today."

"I'm always a bitch. It's just not very enjoyable being back home." She explained, tugging back gently to prevent Charlotte from getting too close to some thorns.