Chapter 8

You know, it's times like this when I realize what a superhero I am. ~Iron Man

Dedication: To one of my favorite authors on Wattpad, Sarahsnothere! Her writing is really good, and I think she's a great person and friend. Thank you!

Dylan

Still talking to Emma, I headed over to the fridge and pulled out a bottle of Coke.

I wish it was blue. Or firewhiskey.

"Ok, Dylan. I have to get going." Emma laughed into the phone. "I have to sleep for my huge test tomorrow. I'll see you Saturday, ok?"

"All right. See you then." I said, and she hung up.

I go into Siena's room and knocked at her door, which is open anyways. "Hey, S? I'm headed off to bed, ok?" She looked up from where she's sitting on her bed, working on her laptop, and replies, "Yeah. Fine. See you tomorrow."

I shut the door and began to walk away. All of a sudden, I heard a crash from inside her room.

I ran inside. She sat on the bed, shaking and trembling, her laptop lying on the floor.

I ran to her side and knelt down. "S, what's wrong. Siena, are you ok?"

She can't stop shaking. I think it's happening to her uncontrollably. She broke out in a sweat.

She began hyperventilating. "Dylan, I can't breathe. I can't breathe!" She screamed.

I wrapped my arms around her and hug her close. Instead of snuggling into me, she pushed me away. "Please don't touch me right now." She whispered, her eyes unfocused.

I pushed away the dagger of hurt and steeled myself. Eventually, she calmed down and stopped trembling. "Siena, are you ok?"

"The train. It looks like a hand. All those people. Dead." She said, looking right at me. Looking, but not seeing.

I grabbed her shoulders and gently shook her. "Siena, please. I need to know. Are you ok?"

She shook herself a bit to reorganize her thoughts, and put a hand to her head. "What the hell just happened?"

"I don't know." I answered honestly. "You just started shaking after I closed the door to your room, and you began talking about the train crash this morning."

She looked stunned and sunk into the bed. "That was only this morning?" She asked me.

I nodded. "Yeah. It seems like a lifetime away, huh? The attack on the trains happened early morning, you exited the hospital around one. The Statue of Liberty attacks happened around two, you went out to help Calli a little after 5, you came back just before 7. And now it's only 7:30."

"Oh wow. A lot can happen in one day." She said.

"Ok, Siena, please stop changing the subject. What just happened?"

"That's the thing Dylan." She burst. "I don't freaking know! I just saw the closed door, and the walls seemed to be closing in on me, and all of a sudden, I couldn't breath anymore, my body started shaking, and my mind started acting irrationally."

I looked at her with a worried look on my face. She rolled her eyes at my look. "Look, Dyl, I'm fine now. Just leave the door open."

"Ok, but I'm calling the doctor first thing in the morning tomorrow."

She glared at me. "What for? It was obviously a one time thing, so there's no need to talk to them. It's just going to make everyone worried and upset."