Chapter 9 - Midnight Crush

In the last chapter...

"You're good with kids." The poker-faced man stated, retrieving his hand. "Meh, they're like us, just a smaller and more energetic," I say, walking back to my bag. I grabbed the worn (f/c) bag, slinging it across my shoulder as I looked over to the little kid. She looked happy, her brown eyes sparkling with joy. She looked like a regular kid before this hell happened. I half smile, brushing the rouge (h/c) strands behind my ear. I hope she finds happiness after all this.

And so it continues..

~• Cry's POV •~

I slipped away from Russ as Alena, ran up. I saw (Y/n) crouched down, smiling over at the kid. As she got up I put my hand on her shoulder, she hovered over her pistol subconsciously before turning around. As soon as her eyes met min-... The mask, she smiled and relaxed. I removed my hand.

"You're good with kids." I state. "Meh, they're like us, just smaller and more energetic." she says, walking over to the love birds. She grabbed her bag from behind the log and looked over to Alena. A smile found its way onto her face as she watched Russ laugh and joke with the little girl. Her smile turned into a half one, as she brushed her hair behind her ear. Her eyes glaze over as she thinks of something. Probably thinking about the kids future.

I walked back to Russ. He smiled at the little girl before standing back up to his original height. "Hey," Alena says happily. "Sup?" I reply, a smile lingering on my face. My mask was placed in a way so you could only see my mouth. I hang onto the straps of my bag like a high schooler as I look around the camp. Lucy and Mark, talking by the gate. Sean talking to (Y/n), by the fire. Minx and Krism laughing over in the corner. Dan, Phil, Snake and Red all talking on the floor, leaning against the walls of the Safezone.. For now. Jund joking around with Ken and Mary, and my girlfriend no-where to be found. As much as I love her, I'm actually glad she's not here.. I'm glad because she won't ruin the moment. All of a sudden, "Septiplier Away!" Was yelled out. Not loud enough to attract walkers or anything though. I looked over at the two girls.. Lucy and (Y/n) obviously. I notice Sean and Mark blushing furiously while looking at the two females, embarrassed. The duo only laughed at the men and sat down, probably talking about Septiplier and other ships.

~• Lucy's POV •~

I looked over at (Y/n) as we knew what we were gonna do. I nodded and we both stood up and yelled "Septiplier Away!" As we did, we looked over and saw the two shipped men blushing and looking embarrassed. I noticed Sean was hiding behind Mark slightly. We both laughed it off and sat down. "That was epic!" (Y/n) said, before drinking water. "Yep! They are my OTP. They will always be." I say. Leaning back slightly on the log. "Hmm..." (Y/n) hummed "Who else can we ships here?" She asks, sliding off the log, her back leaning against it. "Let's see.. Phan.. Dan and Phil..."

"And last but not least Krinx!" I finish. We just went through the list of ships. We included a few Anime ones too! Like Ereri and JeanMarco. Both from Attack on Titan. (Good anime btw, recommend it). We soon came up with the topic of Titans.

"Imagine Titans roaming around this place.. If would be crazy!" (Y/n) says. Looking up at the sky. The fire died out as it slowly reached 10:56pm. We both we talking about Titans and anime until 11:30. That's when we actually decided to go to our temporary beds. They were little tents next to each other. Of course, there were some people on duty throughout the night. Only 2 people a time though.

My thoughts turned weird as darkness slowly took over my body.

~• Junds POV •~

I relaxed as I heard light snores from Lucy in the tent beside me. Well.. Through the blanket that acts like a wall to separate us from each other. I don't really know why I relaxed when I heard she was fine, and sleeping. I.. Just think I might have something for her. I mean.. Who wouldn't? She's beautiful! The way her eyes shine when she's extremely happy and when her smile lights up the world.. Sure, she may be weird at times but it's so fun to be around her. I just wish that you would realise my feelings to you, Lucy. I've been trying so hard.. Yet nothing.. You're just so pretty when you do little things, like bite your lip when you're focused and when you scratch your neck when you're embarrassed.

I just hope you find happiness in this place. I will support you, no matter what.. But.. The sad thing about all this is that you think of me like a brother.. And it kills me to know what I've been friend zoned.

Well.. 2 chapters in one day. Hope you're happy! Anyways it's currently 12:55am, here in the UK. Ima go before I fall asleep writing this. Thank you guys so much for supporting this story. I'll see all of you, in the next chapter! Bye bye!