Chapter 1 - Exes and YouTubers

Edited
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
(Y/n)'s POV

I walk down the gravel path, listening to the soothing sound of stones crunching under my shoes.

Clutching the straps of my bag, I look over to the lake which is trailing beside the rocky pathway. I got so lost in my thoughts, that I didn't hear the echo of a voice, yelling my name.

"(Y/n)! H-Hey, bro!" I snapped out of my trail of unknown thoughts. I turned around to see my best friend, Felix.

He jogged towards me, neon pink headphones around his neck, reflecting a pink glow, and a black messenger bag containing his laptop and whatever else he had.

"Oh, hey there, friend!" I exclaim, stopping in my tracks.

"H-hey there." he stutters, trying to catch his breath.

"Do you need water?" I question, taking the (f/c) bag off my back. He nodded, sliding down one of many trees that are scattered on the grass.

I hand the bottle of liquid to him, without saying a word.

"You okay?" I mutter, sitting next to him.

"Yeah, thanks (y/n)." He replies, looking at the lake running along the trail.

"No problem." I reply, following his eyesight.

~ 1 Hour Later ~

"Hey, it's getting late. Don't you think?" Felix says, looking at the sky, that's starting to darken.

"Yeah, we better get back." I say, standing up.

I brush myself off before holding out a hand to help Felix up.

"How's it going with Marzia? It's been about 2 weeks since you met her, right?" I ask, equipping my bag.

"It's going fabulously!-" He said, making the 'fabulous' face.
"-And yeah, it's been two weeks." He finishes, adjusting his bag strap.

He starts walking down the path. I jog to catch up to him and his wide stride.

"Well.. Don't hurt her, or don't get hurt by her, okay?" I warn, not wanting him to break a poor girls heart or be hurt for that matter.

"I won't, don't worry bro!" He replies, with a chirpy tune. I chuckle at his tone, he starts to laugh with me. Soon after, we both end up on the floor, in pain from laughing.

We recovered after a few minutes. But as soon as we did, we both looked at each other and started laughing again. I laid on the gravel, hugging my stomach from the pain caused by laughter. Felix was crouched over, clutching his stomach while silent laughing.

We calmed down and then started walking to our homes, making small talk on the way. It seemed to go off track a little bit from the subject of 'conspiracy theories'.

"I'll call you on Skype later, okay? We can start the conspiracy about life is just a video game!" Felix shouted out excitedly, while walking backwards towards his home. It was going well until he casually tripped over the curb of the pavement.