Chapter 8 - Safe and Sound..

Editing in process
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Kinda knew that you guys wouldn't make this chapter... So, here it is! :)

In the last chapter..

I will fight for her.. If I fail, then I will die trying. If I succeed, I will treat her like she should be treated.. Not like piece of trash, but like a princess. Or a queen. No-one will get in the way!

And so it continues..

>•< Lucy's POV >•<

We were all walking down the road. Decapitated zombies littering the floor as we all walked in a huge group. We were scattered over the street. Me, (Y/n), Mark and Jack all in our own group walking by the left pavement. We all came up with the topic of YouTube and viral trends. Like the boy who liked turtles and the one who liked trains.

We were talking about that when all of a sudden, a yell was heard from the front. We all pulled out our selected weapons, ready to fight.  That was until we saw what they were yelling about. It looked like a safe zone! It looked like it had a few members in there too. We all looked at each other and (Y/n), being the more confident one in the group, volunteered to speak to the Safezone members. Obviously Cry and Russ by her side. They all have gotten close lately. I mean, all of us have but.. They've been getting extremely close, and it's getting kinda suspicious..

•~(Y/n)'s POV~•

I volunteered to talk to the Safezone. Hopefully they'll take us in.. We all were getting closer, Russ and Cry next to me in the front while the others stood back in a group while we talked. We were fine, just talking until a AK-47 was aimed at us. The girl aiming looked around 8-9ish. Too young to be holding a gun. Too young to be in a zombie apocalypse.

"Uh.. D-don't move," she stuttered. Her voice sounded small, like she was scared of us. I put my hands up in a surrender. "Don't worry, we're not gonna hurt you," I calmly say, slowly moving forwards. "That's what they all say," she whispers. Looking down at the ground. "We promise. If we do, then you can shoot me. Just.. Let the others go if we do, okay?" I promise her. Moving forwards a bit more. It continued like this until I was up by her.

"They never helped. At all," Says the little girl. As she says that, I gently take the gun out of her hands and pull it down to the the wall of the inclosure. "We will, only if you let us," Russ says softly, standing next to me. His once hard look turned into a soft one. "Uh.. "- She hesitates - "I.. Guess.."

She jumps down from her place to open the gate for us. We all pile in to see that it's huge with no-one else here.

"Is there anyone else that's supposed to be here?" Lucy asked, leaning down to the kids size. "Yeah.. My father.. He said he'll be back by 3.. It's now 7." She whimpers. Lucy embraces her and whispers soothing messages into her ear. We all spread out to relax for a while. Felix, Marzia, Ken and Mary were doing food while everyone else talks or reloads their guns. I walk over to the four love birds, the strap of my bag on one shoulder. I sit on the log next to Marzia, as she talks to Felix about the pugs. Oh, how I miss the pugs...

As they were talking, I was rearranging my bag. Putting guns and weapons in easy-to-reach places, but not easy for walkers to grab onto. Putting food in clothes so the tins won't make so much noise and ammo in the front and smallest pocket. As I put the last bit of Ammo into the pocket, the little girl came up to me.

"Uh.. H-hi," she whispered, playing with her fingers. "Hey there," I say zipping my bag up. "Uhh.. I'm.. Alena.." She looks up at me. "Nice to meet you Alena, I'm (Y/n). I can introduce you to everyone if you want me to..?" I suggest, putting my bag behind the log, safe from the blazing fire. "That would be great." She smiles.

".. And over there's Russ and Cry, who are partners in crime. No-matter what happens, Russ can always make you smile" I finish off, pointing to the two men. "Really?!" She squeals. "Yes"- I laugh - "Why don't you go talk to him," I say, kneeling down to Alena's level. She turns, smiles at me then runs off in Russ' direction. I get up, a smile evident on my face. I felt a hand on my shoulder.

"You're good with kids." The poker-faced man stated, retrieving his hand. "Meh, they're like us, just a smaller and more energetic," I say, walking back to my bag. I grabbed the worn (f/c) bag, slinging it across my shoulder as I looked over to the little kid. She looked happy, her brown eyes sparkling with joy. She looked like a regular kid before this hell happened. I half smile, brushing the rouge (h/c) strands behind my ear. I hope she finds happiness after all this.

Guys, I'm so, so sorry for the delay in updates. I've been so busy trying to sort things out for school that's starting back up soon. Hopefully I'll get back to regular weekly updates throughout the school days. If I don't, then you guys can shout at me. Also, I've kinda been obsessed with Anime lately so expect a few anime references! Again, I'm sorry for the lack of updates. Anyways, I'll see all of you guys in the next chapter. Bye bye!

Word Count: 963

Date Published: 27/08/16