Chapter 9: Visitor

Author's Note:

Sorry for not updating sooner...
I have been busy lately...
Anyway there will be lots of update soon.
Hope you enjoy reading!

Pasencya na po 😊
💖💖💖
Joy

--------------

After that talk with her mom, Maine felt much better.
She happily fell into a routine which she finds soothing.

In the morning she would watch the sunrise, watching the dark sky turn a colorful hue reminds her that her life is beginning to become colorful and happy again. Mornings would be for a bit of reading or listening to music. Then helping her mom prepare lunch. Afternoons are for naps and doing things with her mom like baking. During supper she would be so excited she could hardly eat for she knew she would see Richard soon.

Some nights she would see him in beautiful dream places with elaborate settings, but some nights she just dreams of peaceful music as she is cocooned in soft cloudlike bed, hearing his soothing voice.

That night after supper she had this unexplicable urge to go to the beach.

"Mom, I'm going for a walk by the beach for a little while before bed. Don't wait up."

"OK Baby, just be careful, no swimming at night!"

"Of course Mom... Love you, g'night!"

There was a soft breeze, she fancied she heard Richard's voice calling her name but she knew that's impossible for now.

Of course its impossible, I'm awake now. She laughed to herself.

The sound of the waves is soothing to her ear.

Everything is quiet but for the sound of the waves.

She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, feeling and savoring the peaceful atmosphere.

Ah, this is life... so peaceful here. I wish Richard could be here with me.

She was startled when a hand touched her shoulder.
Frozen on the spot she was too frightened to move,  to even open her eyes.

So foolish of me to come here alone so late in the night... who could this be?