"I'm sorry you were not truly loved and that made you cruel."

[M.]

Seeing the photos in front of me, I could just tell they were deeply in love. Harry had a smile in all his photos, he was just beginning to smile around me. He seemed to glow up in all the photos. He seems so happy... When I look up I see him also looking at the photos that are scattered all over his desk, he looks like he's in pain.

Broken.

"Her names Emma De Luca. I met her when I was only 19. I fell in love with her instantly. She was from my college, absolutely breath taking. All eyes were on her but her eyes found me. We clicked right away, well not right away. She was kind of a fireball always challenging me but I didn't mind the challenges once she stared to warm up to me we finally started to date. My parents both fell in love with her. They loved her just as much as I did. I hadn't felt like that about anyone, ever. People say when you fall in love they add colour into your life. Well that's exactly how it felt, she turned my black and white world into a rainbow fuck fest."

Fuck fest??

"She was there through everything. My good and very bad days. She was there through it all. Even when my father passed and I was handed this company she was there supporting me. I was so stressed during those times. Then my father passed when I was 21 and I was in no shape of running a multi billionaire company. But she helped a lot always cheering me on, and when I came home to her it was all worth it."

He sighed and ran his hand through his hair. "Then two years ago, something changed in her, she didn't visit me in the office anymore. She would stop calling, when I came home she wouldn't be home. She would come home late and I would be worried awake waiting for her. She would just brush me concerns off and went to bed. She became distant, she wouldn't tell me she loved me. She had no life in her eyes, now I wasn't a fool I knew that she had no longer felt love for me. But that pained me to no tomorrow. It's one thing loving someone who never loved you back in the first place but it fucking breaks you when you love someone who loved you back and then all of a sudden they don't love you anymore."

His eyes narrow at the photos. "It's terrifying and it made my heart break over and over again. The funny part is, I didn't care. I didn't care she didn't love me anymore because in the end I would give my heart back to her to break all over again."

He sits back into the chair and looks at me. "One day I guess she just had enough of me. When I came home her things were gone, and she took some money from our joint bank account. I didn't care about the money I would've given her all of it anyway if she needed it. I didn't know what was going on, maybe she was having an affair, maybe she was in trouble. I just wish she had enough care and love for me to tell me what was going on with her."

"When I went to our room that day, there was a note and her wedding ring on the pillow."

I see the note but he grabs it before I can.

"Harry, things are just not the same anymore. Sorry it had to be this way, Emma." He scoffs "She couldn't even say goodbye in person. Not long after that I was mailed divorce papers. She didn't want anything other than my name off of hers legally. I signed and sent it back to the address it came from. That was the end of that."

"Love has a funny way of shitting all over people. And my love story was a huge shit show." He sighs and looks at me.

"Now you know, and I assume you have questions judging by your face so go ahead."