Chapter twenty three

Flashback.
Estella was sat in the child's room on the rocking chair with a pen and a piece of paper. Klaus enters the room and leans on the doorway.

"Writing a love letter to one of your many past lovers? So, who's the lucky recipient, then?" Klaus asks and smiles. "Kol, Or, Damon?" Estella rolls her eyes. "Don't tell me it's me?" He asks and They both laugh. "I thought I was out of the running ages ago!" Klaus say.

"And the award for "Biggest Ego" goes to..." Estella says and gestures towards a laughing klaus.
Estella groans a little and places her hand on stomach. A concerned looking klaus walks toward her.

"How is our littlest wolf?" He asks and Estella smiled.
"Do you want to feel?" Estella asks klaus.
She rubs her baby bump expectantly. Klaus steps back, looking nervous, but Estella smiles at him.

"Come on!" She says excitedly.
Klaus reaches out and touches her abdomen, and he's startled when he feels the baby kick. Estella laughs at his shocked expression.

"You feel that?" She asks.

They both laugh together. Then Estella leans in and so does klaus. But just as their lips touch, klaus pulls away awkwardly.
"Right! I'll leave you to your secret letter, then!" He says and rushes off.

Estella frowns a little but then smiles as she starts to write her letter.

Dear Zoe... Or Caitlin.... Or Angela. To my little girl. Your dad just asked if this was a love letter. I suppose it is. I never got to know my mother. I have no idea what she must have thought when she carried me.

So I thought I'd write to you, so you can know how happy I am at this very moment. How much your father and I can't wait to meet you. And, I want to make you a promise of three things that you will have that I never did: a safe home, someone to tell you that they love you every single day, and someone to fight for you, no matter what.

In other words, a family. So, there you go, baby girl. The rest, we're going to have to figure out together. I love you. Your mom.

Flashback over.

Estella's POV

I was in labour on the church alter screaming at monique and Genevieve who were surrounding me. I wanted to kill them. Scare them the way they were right now. Take away someone they love. I wanted them to feel pain and beg me for mercy.

"AHHHH! Let go of me, you bitch!" I scream at them.

The doors fly open and klaus limps in. I look at him with so much relief and smile when he rips off one of the witches heads. But Abigail and Genevieve links hands and telekinetically pin klaus to the wall.

I scream louder and klaus does as well.

I watch as Genevieve grabs the knife that was used in the harvest. I scream in agony and terror.

Genevieve turns towards me and klaus with the knife.
"You should know this brings me no joy. I promise I'll make it quick." Genevieve says and I let out a sob.
"No!" I shout.
One of the witches covers My  lower half with a sheet.

"Let's begin, shall we?" Genevieve says.

I continue to scream in pain.
"I will bring hell to your family!" Klaus shouts.
"One last push! Push! The baby's almost here!" Genevieve says.
"I will bathe in rivers of your blood!" Klaus shouts.
"No! No! Leave me alone!" I shout.