Chapter twenty two:

Estella's POV

Klaus sent Oliver and Jackson to get moonstones last night but they haven't returned and he hasn't heard a peep from them. Except the fact that the car they were in has been found in the middle of a road. So klaus is out looking for marcel with Elijah, while me and Hayley are stuck with finer Genevieve. Lucky us.

"They should be back by now." I said to Hayley who keeps on checking her phone. 
"Worrying isn't going to help. You should sit down, try to keep calm." Genevieve said to me.
"Who are you, my midwife?" I ask her while glaring.

"The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you, and your baby. Especially now, since you're so close to term." Genevieve said to me. I sighed and sat down.

"I hate this. I feel completely useless." Hayley said.
"Don't you get it? You're the point of all this. Klaus and Elijah running all over town? It's all for the both of you. I'm a bit envious." Genevieve said.

"Great. Lucky me." Hayley said.
"Oh I'm sorry isn't been klaus' bed buddy enough for you?" I ask her sarcastically.

"Is there anything I can get you?" She said ignoring my comment.
"How about a moonlight ring? She needs one when the baby is born she is going to go back to turning every full moon." Hayley said. God I hated turning.

Genevieve laughs.
"The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex. And, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough. Have a little faith!" She says to us.

I stand up and pull Hayley out of the room with me.
I hate her so much. That stupid witch bitch.

-------------------

Hayley rang Elijah and put him on speaker phone.

"Impeccable timing." Elijah said answering phone.
"Shut up Elijah. What's going on?" I ask.

"Jackson is fine. He's...a little tied up right now. Can we call you back?" Elijah asks and I hear klaus snigger.

We can hear something like wood falling on the ground and Jackson saying something angry.

"Elijah, tell me what's going on, now!" Hayley asks.
"Why is klaus laughing?" I ask.

They don't say anything for a moment then all a sudden we hear a loud explosion.

Hayley looks terrified, I probably do as well.

I say on the couch while Hayley paced up and down the room.

Then all a sudden a messy klaus, Elijah and Jackson walk in the room.

Hayley runs over to Jackson and hugs him. "Thank god you're alive!" She says to him. "Thank you." She says to Elijah and he nods.

I smirk at Elijah who is watching Hayley tend to Jackson's wounds.

"I'm fine, too, thanks for asking." Klaus says to me annoyed.
"Oh I'm sorry klaus. Do you want a hug?" I say to him sarcastically.
"What about the stones?" Hayley asks.
"Scattered across the bed of the Mississippi, I'd imagine." Elijah answers.

Klaus pours himself a drink.
"Marcel's not a fool. He knows an empowered werewolf army would mean the end of vampires in New Orleans. The explosion is his way of saying he means to prevent that. For all the good it'll do him." Klaus says.
"Well, it did him pretty damn well, didn't it?" Hayley says to him.