Chapter four

Estella's POV
Hayley was reading another one of elijahs diaries, Rebekah was on her laptop and I was trying to read a book but Agnes the witch wouldn't piss off.

"I told you Agnes, I feel great!" I told the witch getting tired of her constant nagging.
"You are overdue for a checkup." Agnes pried.

"What am I gonna do? Pop into the Quarter for a quick ultrasound? A pregnant werewolf escorted by a witch? Nothing to see here!" I shout. Now I'm fed up.

"A lot of women would kill to have a child. It strikes me as odd that you're not taking better care of yours." Rebekah said to me jealous and I looked at her. Now she's made me seem like a nob.

"I know a doctor out in the Bayou, off the beaten path. Now, I took the liberty of making an appointment for you. Tonight, after-hours, just us. Vampires will never get word of it." Agnes tells me. I look at her then Rebekah and roll my eyes.

"Okay. I'll do it. Swamp doctor it is." I tell them all. "You're coming with." I say to Hayley and she nods.

--------------------

Me and Hayley go upstairs. I'm bored.
"Hayley!" I try to get her attention. She lifts a finger to silence me without taking her eyes of the diary. I stare at her. "Really? Have you just shushed be off for a man who isn't even here? You're invading his privacy." I tell her.

She sighs and puts the diary down and looks at me.
"Sorry. I'll talk to you." She says.
"You have a crush on Elijah." I accuse her.

"No I do not." She denies but the fact that she can't stop smiling tells me otherwise.
"Then why Hayley Marshall are you reading his diaries with a dreamy teenage girl look on your face. Actually should I start calling you Mrs Hayley mikaelson." I tease.

"Shut up!" She shouts and flings a pillow at me. But then she starts laughing. "Can we talk about something else? And since we are going to the bayou, you should probably wear something other than pyjama bottoms." Hayley says pointing at my attire.

"I should." I walk over to the wardrobe and pull out a grey one shoulder top, a pair of ripped, black denim shorts and my fish net tights. I grab my combat boots. Just cause I'm pregnant doesn't mean I'm changing my clothes to cardigans and knitted sweaters. I do my eye makeup and Hayley corn plates my hair.

"Let's go." I say to Hayley and we go outside in to Agnes' car.

---------------------

"This is the doctor's office?" Hayley says.
"Dr. Paige is only this far out because Marcel's men kept terrorizing her patients. Go! She won't bite!" Agnes says while smiling.
"I will do more than bite if she does." I mutter to myself. Then me and Hayley climb out the car and walk to the building. 

"It's boiling." Hayley says and takes her jacket off.
"I know right. God I hate this place." I say to her and she frowns.

When we go in dr Paige introduces herself and gives me an ultra sound. I curse myself when I wish this was all normal and that I could be in a normal doctors with klaus by my side.

"Your baby's heart rate is perfect." Dr Paige tells us.
"She's a tough one, like her mom." Hayley tells the doctor looking at me.
The doctor gives me some tissue to wipe my stomach. Hayley comes round to help me get up.

"That's a unique birthmark." The doctor says to Hayley. Hayley smiles and pulls on her jacket. "We're pretty much done here, right?" Hayley says.