Chapter seventeen

Estella's POV

I hardly slept through the night I was too worried about Rebekah. The next night she came and visited me.

I stood up and ran over to her pulling her into a hug.
"I'm so happy you're alive." I say to her.
"I'm free." She says.
"What?" I ask. "What happened to us girls sticking together?" I ask sad.

"Well, Nik and I came to a sort of all-or-nothing arrangement. I leave town for good, and he allows me to. Can't pass that up." Rebekah says and tears fall down my face.

"No don't pass that up. You deserve it." I said to her.
"I'm sorry about the whole mikael thI....." She says.
"Don't worry about it. I forgive you." I say and she smiles at me.
"Thank you." She whispers. Then she puts on her serious face. "Listen. About Nik, he is a monster. Do not ever cross him. But, he does want more from life than to just be feared. He's too broken to find it himself, but I do believe there is hope for him in the baby that you carry. And speaking of your child-- our family has no shortage of enemies. And neither do you. She will inherit all of them. Please, be careful." She says to me.

"I promise. You will visit right. You know I can keep a secret." I say.
"Well, if I can't, you make sure to tell that little girl stories of her crazy Auntie Bex. And let her know, despite my absence, I do love her very much." She says to me and I let out a sob. She kisses me on the cheek and walks away.

I was so happy for my friend and I envied how she could walk away from all this. I thought about what would happen if I was in her position and klaus have me a chance to leave and be free of all this. I don't think I could go. After two centuries of being with him. I couldn't let everything go and leave. I'm a stupid girl.