Chapter sixteen

Flashback

A jazz number plays at a local club while everyone is enjoying themselves. People dance, sing, laugh, mingle and drink. At the bar Estella, Elijah, Lana, and Klaus turn to observe the scene before them

"Well this is a first. Werewolves, vampires, witches and dirty cops.All happy as clams and drunk as stoats." Klaus says happily.
Elijah orders four shots and I smirk at him.

"You gotta love this city." Lana says.
I close my eyes and breath in the air.
"I do." I say and open my eyes.
"To a new era! Collaboration in the face of Prohibition." Elijah toasts.
"To your docks, their booze, and our theatres to hide it under. You're welcome, boys and girl." Lana finishes and happily toast our glasses together and drink.

"Now, I shall have to think of a way to thank you personally, in a manner befitting a werewolf queen." Klaus smirks at Lana and she strokes his face affectionately.
"Catch you on the dance floor." She says and walks past him and heads into the crowd.

"Who would have thought it possible? The unification of New Orleans?" Elijah says and
Klaus playfully grips Elijah's shoulders.

"We did it, brother." He says happily.
Elijah puts his arm around his brother's shoulder and the other around mine. He whirls us around to overlook the scene before him. I truly was amazing and I never wanted to leave this place.

"Oh, certainly, we worked together, Niklaus. But this vision? This was all you." Elijah says and I smirk.
END FLASHBACK

--------------------------

Estella's POV

I was stood next to Elijah and we were both looking at klaus who lies in bed shirtless in his room. His eyes are closed, and he's gasping in pain from Papa Tunde's blade being embedded in his chest.

"This was all you." Elijah says.
"Yeah because he made Rebekah call mikael and stabbed himself with the blade." I said sarcastically.

Elijah glares at me and removes his jacket. What is he actually getting ready to fight me? He rolls up his sleeves and gets the scalpel, cuts open the scar and pulls out the blade. Klaus screams in pain and I wince.

"So why am I here, with him?" I ask.

Cami walks in the room and am I surprised to see her.
"Because out of everyone in the world, you are the only one klaus will not harm or kill. You see he will be very weak, so you will watch him and feed him slowly from this blood bag which has got vervain in it. While cami here will Try to persuade him not to murder Rebekah." He tells me. "She's klaus' psychologist." He says and I nod.

"And what are you doing while I'm babysitting this?" I ask pointing at klaus.

"I fear Sabine will be making her final move against us. I intend to find her and end this." He answers and I nod.

"Elijah. You will pay for this." Klaus weakly whispers. His voice sent chills down my body. And not the good kind.

-----------------

Cami was sat next to me while I was feeding klaus the blood.

"Wow, things I never thought I'd be counselling a vampire. My 16-year-old self would think I'm really cool right now." Cami says and I smile at her.

"Mmm." Klaus moans at the blood.
"Ah! Slow down." I order him.
"Okay." He mumbles and I smirk.
"Doesn't the vervain burn?" Cami questions him.