Chapter eight

Estella's POV

Right now I am dressed. Which is weird since I normally just get dressed in the afternoon when Hayley wants me or something.

Klaus came in my room this morning and woke me up saying me, him and Rebekah are having breakfast together. If I wasn't craving croissants right now I would of told him to fuck off for waking me up.

"Finally Estella." Klaus exclaims when I walk in the room. There was a table set up with pastries. Thank god. And fruit. I sat down and immediately started to eat. I might eat it all since I am the only one who needs it and plus now I can use the excuse 'I am eating for two.'

Klaus calls one of the waiters over and drinks from her wrist.

"Have you spoken to our good friend Marcel today?" Klaus asks Rebekah. I sigh. I was stupid to think this would be a nice breakfast.
"No, should I have?" Rebekah says playing dumb.

"He's been mysteriously silent-- avoiding me, some might say. I thought perhaps he may have whispered reasons into your ear. Along with all of those sweet nothings." Klaus mocks her and I earn a glare from Rebekah for laughing.

"If I see him, I'll be sure to ask if he's still sore at you." Rebekah assures her brother.
"Let me give a voice to that look in your eyes. "My saintly noble brother lies writhing in agony in the Bayou, victim of my bastard brother's bite, when just one or two drops of his blood would ease his pain."" Klaus mocks Rebekah. Okay I was wrong this breakfast is nice. I shove some grapes in my mouth to stop myself from laughing.

"On the contrary, Nik, I am simply enjoying my breaky, waiting for Elijah's healthy return." Rebekah lies. She hasn't eaten a thing.
"Oh, come on Rebekah, you've been giving me the devil's eye all morning. Out with it!" Klaus demands.
"Perhaps I'm concerned that if I voice my opinion about what you did to Elijah, I will end up on the wrong side of your toxic hybrid teeth." Rebekah tells him.

I jump when klaus smacks the table. Jesus! He has gotten even more unpredictable.
"Poppycock! I would never bite you. Elijah made some very offensive accusations about my intentions towards my child. He deserves a day or two of discomfort. Besides, you know my preferred method of punishment for your indiscretions is the dagger." Klaus says and I roll my eyes.

Rebekah smirks and stands up from her seat.
"There is something fundamentally wrong with you." She says and walks out of the room.

I would follow and comfort her but damn this breakfast is good.

"How are you feeling?" Klaus asks. My jaw drops open in shock. What the hell?
"I I'm fine." I answer and why the hell am I stuttering like a school girl with a crush.
"Good." He says and leaves the room.

I smile at my food. It was them little moments that give me hope for klaus. To be honest I'm like Elijah is some ways. I always look for redemption in klaus. I honestly think I am the only one who ever finds it.

------------------

I was laid on the couch bored when I saw klaus walk past to go out the door.
"Where are you going?" I ask.
"To meet josh. He has got some information regarding marcel for me." He says. I run over and grabs his arm to stop him from leaving.

"Let me come." I say.
"No" he says back.
"I'll stay in the car. I just want to go out. I've hardly been out the house." I say in a pleading voice.
"That's a lie in or time here you've been in the quarter buying wolfs bane, attached by witches and kidnapped by Tyler. You've had plenty of time outside." Klaus says smirking.