Chapter nine

Estella's POV

Klaus made me go to a celebration dinner in the compound. So I made Hayley come with me.
Me and klaus were seated at each end of the table and Hayley, marcel and Marcel's close friends were seated around.

We were eating in silence until klaus tapped his glass to give a speech. I rolled my eyes at Hayley.

"Let us begin with a toast to our shared gift: immortality. After a thousand years, one might expect life to be less keenly felt, for its beauties and its sorrows do diminish with time. But, as vampires, we feel more deeply than humans could possibly imagine." Klaus says and gestures for the waiters to come forward.

"Insatiable need, exquisite pain..." The waiters skit there wrists and fill up the cups.
"Our victories, and our defeats." He says and looks at marcel. "To my city, my home again. May the blood never cease to flow..." Klaus says raising his glass.
"and the party never end!" Marcel finished and he too raises his glass.

Hayley rolls her eyes and drinks the blood. Hayley is really good at controlling her blood lust. She hasn't killed anyone and she knows when to stop. I don't even have to help her and I'm impressed.

"To New Orleans." Diego shouts.
"To New Orleans!" Klaus repeats.
"New Orleans." We all say.

"I understand that some of you may have questions regarding the recent change in leadership, and I invited you here tonight to assure you that you are not defeated. No, my intentions moving forward are to celebrate what we have. What Marcel, in fact, took and built for this true community of vampires." Klaus tells them.

"What about her? The wolf." Diego asks pointing to me.
"Her has name. And what the bloody hell is that supposed to me?" I asked pissed.

"Had you'd let me finish, Diego, you would know that there is, of course, one further matter I would like to address." He walks over and stands behind me. "As many of you know, the girl is carrying my child. Consequently, I trust you will all pay her the appropriate respect. However, I understand that some of you are concerned by this vicious rumor that I intend to use the blood of our child to create hybrids. I assure you I do not." Klaus tells them.

"Father of the year." Hayley says sarcastically and I kick her under the table.

"It appears I will have to earn your trust. Very well. We'll eliminate the root of your anxiety. You see, how I can I sire any hybrids if there are no more werewolves alive in the Bayou to turn?" Klaus says.

"What? Klaus, no!" Hayley shouts horrified.

"So-- eat, drink, and be merry. And, tomorrow, I suggest you have yourselves a little wolf hunt. Go ahead, have fun. Kill them all!" Klaus says ignoring Hayley.

Hayley looks at me worried. I give her a reassuring nod.

--//-------------/

Me and Hayley sit in my bedroom and I ring Bekah.

Phone call
B: hello Estella. I didn't except you talking to me for at least another day.
E: do you want to make it up to me.
B: how?
E: where are you?
B: I'm on my way over to the quarter with Elijah. He wants to check on Hayley.
E: cute. Well Hayley will tell you how you can help her then. Have fun.

Phone call end.

"Thank you." Hayley says and goes downstairs.

------------------

I walk downstairs and find klaus in a room reading.

"Those werewolves you ordered killed, that's Hayley's family." I tell him.

"Not for long, love. I mean, this so-called family of hers they haven't done her much good, have they? You said it yourself-- they abandoned her and left her on her own. Now it's simply her turn to do the same." Klaus tells me.
"Maybe they had their reasons." I say to him.

Klaus closes the book angrily and gets up.
"Yes, well, I have reason too, little wolf. If the werewolves are dead, then the vampires have less desire to kill you. I am trying to keep you safe. Not that you appreciate the effort." He says to me angrily.

"And as soon as I have this baby, what happens to me then?" I ask him lowering my gaze.
"What do you think Estella I'm going to kill you and leave with the child. We have always been together Estella. I am not going to do anything to hurt you. Frankly I don't know why your coming up with these accusations since I have never done anything to you." Klaus says to me.

"You seriously don't know! The day you came here you said that all I was, was a 'liqueur fuelled one night stand'. You told the witches to kill me and our child. You strangled me. You don't even look at me anymore let alone talk to me." I say the last part quietly.

"I've already apologised for that, love. And what did you want me to say you were because that night we spent together means nothing to me more than a liqueur filled one night stand." He hisses and leaves the room.

I stand there, tears threatening to fall.

I can't believe he just said that.

My legs give in and I silently cry on the floor.

Sorry this chapter was only short but I couldn't really fit Estella in this episode very well. I just don't think she cares about the wolves as much as Hayley and she has to stay in the compound.

Anyway, what did you think of this chapter?
What do you think of klaus now?

I absolutely love this version of the song above. I actually get on the verge of tears when I listen of it. My god it's so deep and meaningful. 😭☺️

X