Vol.2 / Chapter 21 : "Echoes From The Past" (Part 2)

A/N Double upload because I feel bad about missing days. I'm sorry, but I hope his makes up for it! Comment and Vote plz!

"Rei, please just stop!" Carla begged as Rei and her father fought. Her father, David Alvertin, had decreed that any male looking to marry her must face him in one-on-one combat. If the male is deemed worthy, then he'll be allowed to marry her.

But today was a different matter. If it I had been any other male, perhaps her father would have agreed to marry her earlier. Rei had already survived far more strikes and attacks than any other male before him, but her father refused to marry. He never liked Rei and believed that Carla could do better.

Rei suddenly took Avery powerful strike to the face, sending the already injured male flying into the mud behind them.

"We are done here." David said while turning his back.

"Until I get your blessing, we are never done." Rei said, stubbornly getting up to his feet. He stood shakily, blood pouring from multiple wounds and not to mention his right arm was broken horribly.

"Then we never will be done." David replied, facing Rei once again.

"No!" Carla shouted desperately as Rei and her father once again charged each other.

---

Carla drenched the small towel she held in warm water then began wiping the mud and blood off of Rei's face.

"You shouldn't have fought." Carla's shaky voice said.

"You shouldn't have been there to watch." Rei countered, wincing as Carla washed over a deep cut in his cheek.

"You shouldn't hav-" Rei cut her off by revealing an envelope from his back pocket. He smiled widely as Carla's eyes widened in shock.

"I got his blessing." Carla's yes filled with tears of happiness as she realized that her father finally accepted that Rei was the perfect match for her.

---

Rei suddenly awoke, sweat beading down his face. It wasn't the first time he woke up in a hospital, but this time he wasn't in a hospital. He was back in their apartment, his body placed ever so gently on his bed.

"Wha-? How did-"

"The doctor cleared you yesterday. Sent you home with a cast." Weiss declared as she walked into the room, then set a tray that consisted of medicines and a cup of water.

"How about you?" Rei said, itching the area above the cast on his right arm.

"None of my bones were broken, but Blake is now staying in the hospital for a short time. Multiple broken bones, a lot of deep cuts. She'll be out next week with casts." Weiss said as she sat down next to Rei.

"How are you feeling? Headache? Lightheaded feeling?" Rei shook his head.

"None of the above Weiss. So, what you said earlier. That means Thordin out two of our teammates in the hospital. Minus me, of course." Rei said.

"Speaking of Thordin," Weiss began before closing her eyes as if she was attacked mentally.

"The majority of his bones were broken by you."

---

"Carla. Run." Rei breathed as the night time sky suddenly revealed hundreds of pairs of red eyes. Beowolves, hunting them down. Too many for Rei to deal with, too many for Carla to fight.