Vol.2 / Chapter 6 : "Goodwitch"

I'm sorry about the super late update. Somethings came up, and I ended up having to entertain my older cousins for ten days. I hope you can forgive me!

-----

Rei suddenly calmed down, much to team RWBY's surprise.

"Yang? What just happened?' Weiss asked, being the first to recover.

"I.... I don't......know....." Yang stammered.

Rei suddenly collapsed, falling forward and onto the concrete tiles.

"Ah.... Although I myself am not sure of what happened, our king has prevailed!" The referee shouted, signaling the end of the match.

"You are wrong, Freid. I did not achieve victory. The opponent merely passed out due to a mysterious turn of events. The match is unsettled." Warren responded quickly before taking his leave.

----

Rei awoke, back in their dorm. Despite not being a part of team RWBY, Rei was allowed to bunk with them due to RWY being his old teammates. Yang and Ruby had passed out on the floor, pillows being distributed to the both of them, probably by Weiss. Blake held her position above the bunk he was placed on and was surprisingly awake.

"Blake?" he whispered.

"Rei!?" Blake exclaimed quietly, dropping her book and jumping down from her bunk. She took extra care on her way down, as she didn't wish to wake Yang amd Ruby, much less land on them.

"What happened?" Rei asked, yawning.

"Well, Yang told us that all of you are beast spirit holders, you feinted after emitting some deadly aura, then Warren Schnee announced that the duel was unfinished, as you were sick prior and that was the reason that you exploded in power." Blake explained.

"So he lied." Rei summed up her facts, ignoring the facts he already knew.

"Pretty much."

-2 Weeks Later-

Within the blink of an eye, two weeks passed by. Nothing notable happened, aside from Yang reaching the rank of 33 and joining Weiss at that level. Also, Rei's hair and eyes transformed back to their Crystal-blue brilliance. It was like the release of power from the duel earlier had suddenly drained his power, forcing his eyes to return to its original blue color and his hair to return to the light-blue it was known for.

"Rei!" Ruby shouted excitedly, running up to meet her foster brother.

"Yeah, Rubes?"

"The Vytal Festival is in a few weeks, and Professor Goodwitch has announced a tournament to.... Uhh......" Ruby trailed off, signaling that she had forgotten the very words Professor Goodwitch had spoken.

"To prepare us for the Vytal Festival." Blake finished her sentence.

"Uh, yeah! That!"

"Will you be signing up?" Blake asked.

"I might." Rei replied. He looked around them, then noticed the missing presence of Weiss and Yang.

"Where's-?" Rei began.

"We don't know. That's why we're looking for them."

"Wanna help?" Ruby asked, hopefully.

---

Rei found himself in the training arenas, inside the simulator once more. He activated the machine, planning for 5 Grandmaster-level boys: the hardest level possible. He'd denied Ruby and Blake earlier, leaving to... Do something. He'd merely wandered around until his feet led him to the simulator once again.

As Rei sparred with the five holograms, using his new-found powers to easily combat them, he couldn't help but allow his mind to wander once more.

Who was that woman whom stolen his powers 6 months ago? What was her plan? Why did she target him? What did she do with his powers?

Will she return now that he had new powers?

Rei ended his train of questions by completely destroying the final remaining hologram with ease.

"Rei." A female voice called to his left.

"Yes, Ms.Goodwitch?" Rei responded.

"Come with me please. Unless you're doing something important."

Needless to say, Rei followed.

----

"What's this about?" Rei asked as he sat in the velvet chair in front of Goodwitch's desk. She sighed, connecting her palms on the desk and extending her arms in front of her.

"I understand you don't know who your real parents are." Rei's eyes widened slightly, but his meager attempts at holding his curiosity failed horrible.

"What?" He exclaimed, as that was the only word he could conjure from his muddled thoughts.

"I know your real mother. And your real father as well." Rei couldn't take it anymore. He almost leaned across the desk and grabbed her, demanding she tell him who his real parents were.

But he didn't.

Instead, he only stared dumbfounded at her. Glynda coughed slightly, probably clearing her throat before speaking. The small action spoke volumes to Rei, as it revealed to him that she was nervous.

"Nervous?" Goodwitch took a moment to compose herself, as she felt her emotions beginning to run wild, to break free of the bottleneck she'd taken so long to create.

"Your father's name is Elliot Skyline. He died 17 years ago." Glynda began. She cut herself off, almost failing to keep her composure.

Almost.

She took another large breath, then began finishing her statement.

"Elliot was.... Fun. And mind you, 'Fun' is not a word I regularly use. Elliot Skyline was a rebellious male, one with sleek black hair that made the nighttime itself jealous and light blue eyes that could prove the sky and seas weren't  the only beautiful blue in the world. He was courageous, hilarious, charming, even a bit flirtatious. He was everything a man should and could be, but then he was killed." Glynda gulped, finding that she somehow could not continue with the painful thought. She ended up blinking once. When she opened her eyes, it wasn't Rei sitting in the chair before her. It was Elliot. His amazing blue eyes have her a sympathetic look, as if he was pitying her. She steeled herself, hiding her emotions as best she could. Once she found her old, emotionless self again, she blinked. This time, Rei sat in front of her in place of Elliot.

"He really does look like you, Elliot. You'd be proud of him."

"Ms.Goodwitch? Is everything... Alright?" Rei asked slowly and cautiously, clearly not seeing her steel herself many times.

"I should be asking you that." Glynda responded. She raised her eyebrow, waiting for his response.

"I... Didn't know that..... But.... Was my father really killed? By whom?" Rei asked.

"That, as of now, is still unknown. Even after years of trying, I myself have not been able to uncover who killed Elliot." Glynda looked down at the table, basically having a war with herself. Rei suddenly spoke the five words she was dreading, but she knew she couldn't ignore it for long.

"You never mentioned my mom." Rei said simply. She could tell that, behind his emotionless eyes and surprised expression, there was a burning desire to find his mother. Glynda cleared her throat once more, finding the act to be very comforting for some weird and abnormal reason.

"She is sitting in front of you, waiting for the perfect moment to tell you." Glynda responded. Rei's eyes widened extremely as he slowly started rising from his seat.

"So.... You're....."

"Yes, Rei. I am your true mother."