Vol.2 / Chapter 18 : "THND Vs WB"

Weiss Blake stood on the arena. They awaited the signal, the telltale sign to strike.

"Teams...." Oobleck started.

"You may begin." Oobleck finished as he rang the telltale bell. Weiss and Blake quickly glanced at each other, unsure if they should surrender or not. Rei wasn't here for the match and Yang was looking after Ruby.

"Hold on just a minute!" Oobleck cut into the match.

"It seems that Team RWBY is missing two members! This calls for an automatic forfeit unless the two participants wish to take on the entirety of the enemy team. So girls, what will it be?" Oobleck asked.

"We'll take them." Weiss said after sharing a nod with Blake.

Thordin's teammates rushed forward first,  leaving Thordin to stand behind them and watch.

Harold's black spear was the first weapon to reach the duo. He thruster the sharp weapon at Blake, however Weiss moved between them swiftly and redirected the spear-tip away from Blake. The redirecting Weiss had just down caused Harold to lean forward, losing his balance. Weiss took the opportunity to trip the male, sending him sliding on the cement behind them.

Neil's dual blades would prove to be a serious match-up against Weiss' single blade. She backed off slightly, waiting for the perfect moment to strike. Neil charged her, his dual blades preparing to strike. Weiss smiled.

He'd fallen for their trap.

While Weiss was showing off against Harold, Blake had used her semblance to create a clone of herself. The clone exploded suddenly, drawing Neil's attention. The quickly glance would cost him dearly as Weiss suddenly extended her foot forward. Neil found that Weiss' high heels were now lodged in his lower gut, sending the young male to the floor holding onto his lower gut in a desperate attempt to soothe the pain.

"You've fallen right into our trap." Damian said as he suddenly appeared behind the two girls. He suddenly activated his semblance, creating an exploding shockwave of flames in the area around him. Weiss and Blake had no way of dodging.

The arena was soon covered in smoke from Damian's semblance.

---

At the same time, a sleeping Yang suddenly awoke as the explosion sounded form the arena miles away from them.

"Could they have lost?" Yang breathed, staring worriedly at the arena. She shook here's ad shortly afterwards.

"No, they couldn't have. Not with Rei there." The blonde said before lying her head back down against the sheets of Ruby's bed.

---

"I have to say, I'm thoroughly impressed that you managed to draft my entire team with just the two of you." Thordin said as Damian fell to the floor, unconscious.

Weiss and Blake both stood their ground, blood outing from multiple wounds created by Damian's explosion. They both felt weak, the two girls barely standing as their legs shook from the pain.

"However, this is Team THND's victory." Thordin said as he used his semblance to fire three lightning bolts at the two girls.

"Blake! This is it!" Weiss shouted, her tired expression being replaced by a suddenly intense look.

"Get Ready, Blake!" Weiss shouted again.

"Right!" Blake said, her expression also becoming intense. A Schnee glyph suddenly appeared underneath Weiss, however this glyph had three rings.

"Schnee glyph, Rank 3!" Weiss proclaimed loudly.

"White Defense!" Weiss shouted, pointing the tip of her blade towards Thordin. A large white rose-like symbol suddenly appeared before the blade-tip, absorbing the lightning bolts.

Blake suddenly appeared behind Thordin, her blade ready to strike.

Thordin only scoffed at their meager attempt to hurt him. He quickly spun around and grabbed Blake's leg, then slammed her into the ground. Hard. Blake screamed in pain before she found herself being thrown yet again by Thordin. Blake slammed into Weiss, knocking the two girls to the ground. Weiss slowly sat up, but Blake was unresponsive. Weiss laid Blake's head in her lap, just as Ruby had done to her earlier.

"Blake?" Weiss whispered quietly. The two girls were done, anyone could see that. They'd done exceptionally well, defeating three huntsman over the rank of 45 with just two of them. Blake's eyes slowly opened, the pain showing itself in her eyes.

Blake's eyes suddenly widened.

"Rei." She breathed.  Weiss looked up to find her adoptive brother standing in front of them, blocking Thordin from their view.

"Wait!" Oobleck shouted saw once again interrupted the match.

"Contestant Rei Crystal, you were late for the match. This would have been a disqualification, but your teammates have agreed to fight this battle with just the two of them. Should you or the missing Yang Xiao Long interfere, then your team would-" Oobleck was cut off by Thordin.

"It's fine, Oobleck. Let him fight. I was getting bored of the girls anyway." Thordin mocked.

"Besides, what kind of team captain shows up late to a match?"

Weiss locked gazes wth Thordin.

"Sorry I'm late, Blake." Rei said, ignoring Thordin.

"B-better late than-.. never." Blake said weakly. Thordin continued looking on disapprovingly.

"You should know that Rei isn't just our substitute team captain for Ruby in this tournament," Weiss began as Rei walked forward.

"Rei is also the team captain because when our backs are to the wall...." Weiss continued as Rei unsheathed his sword.

"He often breaks the wall." Weiss finished as Rei suddenly activated his semblance, the dark aura suddenly forming and burst about, angrily.