Vol.2 / Chapter 14 : "Emotions"

-As promised!!!! Also, my Writer's block is gone!-

"Blake? Has anything changed with Rei?" Weiss called from their kitchen. A few weeks had gone by since Rei had awoken from his coma, and now Beacon was on their summer break.

Weiss was in their small apartment they'd rented making lunch for the five friends, Blake was sitting on the couch reading her book, Ruby was asleep, and Yang was out with her boyfriend.

Blake's eyes drifted from her book for only a slight moment, spotting Rei's figure standing outside on the small deck their apartment had. They'd rented a small apartment just a short distance from beacon, their apartment being on the third floor. Blake signed.

"No, he's still staring at the horizon." Blake sarcastically replied.

"Alright." Weiss said back. The beautiful fencer sighed disappointedly. He'd been like that for days now. Of course, he'd come back inside to eat every now and then, but otherwise he'd just refuse to communicate.

"What's with you Rei? Is it because of your 'dead daughter' calling you before?" The snow-themed huntress thought to herself.

---

"Papa! Wake up!" The little girl shouted, an unconscious male lying down in front of her. The sky looked as if it reflected the scorched ground underneath, a beautiful yet dangerous flame. Smoke soon overcame this dangerous color, casting a veil of shadow across the land.

Except for the fires and explosions.

"Papa! Please! Wake up!" The male's eyes slowly opened, registering the little girl.

"Yuki.... Run." The male breathed. The dreaded black flag suddenly came into view, causing the male a slight panic. The White Fang were coming for them.

"But Pap-" The little had just started her protest when an explosion suddenly sent both her and the injured male flying. The injured male was stunned but ask jarred from his weakened state. He slowly crawled up to his arms, painfully bringing his head to meet the little girl's gaze.

In his daughter's eyes, he saw a mix of many emotions. Fear. Sadness. Anxiety. And more fear.

Another blast echoed through the skies, cutting the small child out of his sight. Forever.

Or so he thought.

---

"Papa! Wake up!" Yuki shouted through Blake's scroll.

"Yuki!?" Rei exclaimed, finally waking from his coma.

"Papa!" The little girl shouted excitedly.

"You woke up! Yay!"

"But you're... You...." Rei breathed, unable to speak what was on his mind.

"Dead, Papa? I'm not dead! Silly Papa! Anyway, my teacher says I'm going to be Rank 19 soon! Isn't it exciting!?" Rei paused slightly. He was confused. How was she alive? Why did she call? It was obvious that she didn't know of his coma, only that he was asleep when she called.

But still. How was she alive!?

He masked a smile then replied.