Vol.2 / Chapter 17 : "Hints"

-IMPORTANT UPDATE-
So this book was intentionally supposed to be the first in a series, however I probably will finish this story in this book. What does this mean?

No Sequel Book WillBe Released. This Story Will End In This Book

Also, I have posted a new Harley Quinn story Inspired by "Batman: Arkham Knight" and the "Suicide Squad" movie! Go check it out!

-------

"Team RWBY grasps victory as Team CDRL has been defeated!" Ozpin proudly shouted as Cardin's bruised and battered body was taken down from the arena. His teammates had all forfeited ; Sky feinted, Dove wet his pants before pulling Sky off the arena and Russell had already jumped off the arena.

Which left Cardin a brutal beating.

Blake and Weiss were both shocked, as was the whole crowd.

"Wh-when you said he'd beat the sh*t out of them...." Blake started, watching Rei descend the stairs.

"I never knew he'd end up beating all four of them." Weiss exclaimed. Rei had reached them, a sober look on his face. He was still angry, but he was trying his best to remain calm.

"Rei?" Weiss gently asked.

"Ruby still hasn't woken up yet?" Rei countered, ignoring the soft tone Weiss hardly ever used. Blake shook her head.

"No word from Yang." She replied. Rei nodded his head slightly, then began waking to the exit. Someone was blocking his way.

"May I please get through, sir?" Rei asked. Behind the older teen were three more Beacon Students, all of them male.

"Probably another full male team." The very buff male student moved out of Rei's way.

"Hey." The male called as Blake and Weiss passed his team.

"What's your name, kid?" The male asked. Rei silently ignored him, then continued walking.

"Hi! I'm sorry about him. He's.... been having a bad week. His name's Rei." Weiss said, showing respect to her elder student.

---

"Weiss." Blake said when they were outside the arena.

"Was that really Thordin Thunder?" Weiss gulped, then nodded.

"The only student at Beacon to surpass the rank of 60 before he graduates."

"And Rei just pissed him off."

---

Rei quietly entered the room, noticing that almost all of the lights were turned off.

"Hey." Rei called quietly as he spotted Yang's tired figure staring hopefully at Ruby. She was still unconscious, a fact that drove Yang insane. Here she was, watching helplessly as her sister was on death's door. Of course, Ruby wasn't actually on death's door but Yang's bewildered thoughts couldn't straighten out that fact.

"Did you guys win?" Yang quietly asked, glancing at him.

"I had Blake and Weisd stand down for the fight. They weren't needed." Rei replied, implying that he'd won all on his own.

"I won't be there for the next match." Yang suddenly said after a moment of silence.

"That's fine. Take all the time you need." Rei replied, turning back towards the door.

"I have somewhere I have to be. I just dropped by to check on you." Rei said before opening the door.

"You mean check on Ruby?" Yang asked.

"No." Rei replied simply. "I meant you."

---

Rei met Popsin in the same alley as before, this time however Popsin was very worried.

"Master Rei, I do wish that you'll be far more careful with your abilities. Should you over exert yourself, your powers granted to you by Miss Carla will all be in vain, and her sacrifice will have meant nothing." Popsin said.

"I know, Popsin. Thanks for the warning. I'll remember that in tomorrow's match." Rei said, turning around again.

"Promise me you won't use your full power, Master Rei." Popsin called behind him. Rei paused his movement, deciding on whether or not to respond.

"I promise, Popsin." Rei said before continuing his walk. Popsin shook his head disappointedly.

"You never could lie to me, Master Rei."

---

"Team JNPR takes the victory! Now, the next match will be the returning Team RWBY who used only one member to defeat four people, and Team THND (Thunder), who is rumored to be Beacon's most powerful team!" Professor Oobleck shouted into his mic enthusiastically the next day.

"The members of Team THND are Thordin, Harold, Neil, and Damian!" The crowd roared, excited to see their favored champions enter the arena for the first time that day.

"Although these senior students are about to graduate, one team has earned the right to challenge them! And they are by no means to be underestimated! Team RWBY consists of Rei Crystal, the substitute for Ruby Rose as she has been sadly hospitalized, Weiss Schnee, out heiress, Blake Belladona, and a missing Yang Xiao Long!" The crowd roared just as loudly, many of them wondering if they were just going to send Rei out alone again.

"Teams...." Oobleck started, glancing at both sides.

"You may begin."