Vol.2 / Chapter 16 : "Anger Unleashed"

Ruby slept peacefully on the white sheets. The doctor had said that her right arm was broken, multiple ribs were fractured, and her right ankle had been twisted badly. Yang sat beside the sleep-induced 15-year old, a worried expression across her face.

"How did this happen?" Rei breathed to his half-sister whom he'd grown up with.

"The way Penny describes it, they met at the arcade you destroyed earlier. Since it was destroyed, they decided to walk around town. Some time later, Ruby decided to go home alone. Penny wasn't sure, but Ruby insisted. She was attacked savagely. Penny found her after Ruby hadn't answered her calls." Weiss explained.

"I just can't understand why someone would do this to Ruby." Yang breathed, her voice quivering. Rei's fist tightened, a sign of him doing his bet to restraint. Earlier, Yang had a small bruise. That bruise caused him to destroy an entire arcade and critically injured several people. Weiss couldn't even imagine the wicked and angry thoughts going through his head.

"Penny says Ruby was electrified. Her hands were clenched painfully and it took the do it's hours just to break her palm open. They. Said that they had to break two of her fingers just to open her hand." Weiss commented again.

"The Tournament Ozpin is hosting tomorrow in preparation to the Vytal Festival." Blake suddenly said, popping up slightly.

"What about it?" Weiss asked.

"It's the only thing I can think of. There's a rumor that whichever teams place top 3 in this tournament will have an easier time during the Vytal Festival." Blake explained.

"Someone attacked Ruby just to try and have an easier time at the Vytal Festival? How shameless." Weiss responded.

"When I find the person who did this, I'm going to-" Yang began. Rei cut her off.

"You won't be able to do anything. He'll already be dead." Rei walked out of the room, an angry look on his face. The last thing the three girls saw of Rei before the morning was his fleeting white hair, almost invisible against the white walls.

---

"Greetings, Students of Beacon. Today, as I'm sure you all know, is the Preparation Tournament. This tournament will not only help you secure a spot in the Vytal Festival, but it will also test your capabilities. I hope that, for the sake of others, no cheating or unfair sportsmanship will happen. Now, onto our first round." Ozpin started, standing at the podium he had placed in the large gym that housed the many students.

"Team RWBY Vs Team CDRL." Ozpin was about to place his scroll down and address the audience once more when someone rushed to him and whispered in his ear. He smiled at what he heard.

"Also, for this match and the rest of the tournament, Team RWBY will be using a substitute in place of Ruby Rose. She was savagely attacked and now currently resides in the hospital. I would like to extend my greatest wishes and hopes to their grieving team." Ozpin announced.

---

"How's Little Red doing?" Cardin joked as his entire team stood behind him.

"She's recovering." Weiss shot back.

"Where's blondie? Is she too busy crying over her dead sister?" Cardin fired again. Weiss was about to shout, about to let her impulsiveness get to her and possibly ruin her image as an Heiress when Rei quickly stopped her by extending his arm in front of her.

"Blake. Weiss. I know this is a team fight, but I would like you guys to step off stage." Rei asked, his eyes refusing to leave Cardin. Weiss was about to protest, about to swear like a fiend when she noticed something.

Rei's eyes changed from the sparkling blue to a demonic red.

"Weiss. Come on." Blake said, pulling her arm cautiously.

A black aura suddenly emerged from Rei. It wasn't like the last time, where Rei lost control over his body. It was more like the energy within him was resonating with his anger. The aura itself seemed... Angry, as if the aura had a mind of its own.

Rei's hair suddenly turned black, a clear sign of his release.

-N-

Rei usually has white hair and blue eyes.

In case you don't understand, this is his transformation.

It's like a super saiyan form, or a bankai from bleach. Or Ghoul mode from Tokyo Ghoul. Or Dying Will from KHR. Or Third Gear from OnePeice.

In this form, he has an evil black aura that reacts with his emotions. If he is sad in this form, the aura wilts itself and falls to the ground. If he is happy, the aura will move in a somewhat comforting way around him. If he is angry, the aura will move and jerk this way and that.

-N-

"Ozpin! Doesn't that mean they forfeit if they walk off stage?" Cardin shouted.

"As long as one member is standing and conscious, the battle is not over." Ozpin replied. Weiss had had enough of his tongue, turning around swiftly and shouting profanities.

"Rei is going to beat the living shit out of all of you! He's going to make you wish your weapons had been shoved up your asses instead of what he's going to do to you!" The heiress shouted. She shouted many more thugs before Blake managed to pull over off the arena and into a quieter area.

"You should know something before we begin." Rei said as he closed his eyes.

"Oh? And that is, Mr.Heiress?"

"Anyone who offends my little sisters," Rei began. The aura suddenly swirled around him, still remaining close to him. It looked like a tiny tornado of black energy had enveloped him.

"Doesn't see the light of sin again." Rei said as his eyes suddenly opened. The aura around him exploded, sending shockwaves of energy into the area around him.

Cardin had nearly wet his pants. He could hear his teammates from behind him, not only cowering but muttering crazy things.

"Th-this feeling....y-you fe-feel it to, r-right Dove?" Russel shakily asked.

"I-it feels like....." Dove stuttered.

"Like death itself is looking you in the eye." Ozpin said to himself, finishing the boy's sentence without meaning to. Dove didn't hear him, but Ozpin now knew everything he'd needed to know.

"It feels like death is staring right at us." Sky fell to the ground after barely saying that sentence, the fear pulling at his own soul.

"Death is staring right at us."