Chapter 7 : "The Tests"

Hey guys! Super long chapter, 1745 words! Woo hoo! Well, enjoy! And as always, vote and comment! 

Team WRRY stood at attention as they were all on the stage, before their fellow students. The bright orange light illuminated them with a light tint of orange, the wooden stage also giving off a happy orange.

"And now, since the other three members of Team WRRY missed the first entrance exam," Ozpin began. Team WRRY had initially missed the entrance exams, which meant they'd have to make up for it. Weiss had finished hers already, so there was no reason for her to participate. Yang fidgeted uncomfortably as she was standing next to Rei, whom she still wasn't on the best of terms with.

"Each member of Team WRRY will now undertake a challenge. The challenge will be different for each, as they must prove their worth." Ozpin paused for dramatic effect, allowing the news to slip in.

But he wasn't done yet.

"The challenge will begin now." Ozpin said as he activated a mechanism, the roof of the stadium opening and the seats distancing themselves. The stage lowered itself as well, becoming one with the ground. The stands were now fifty feet away from their usual locations, the people looking like mere ants now.

Another platform opened up, ripping the ground apart before them and neatly folding itself under the arena. The previous Stadium had extended to become an arena, easily 100 feet in every direction.

"Ruby Rose, your challenge is first." Ruby stepped forward, her bright silver eyes determined to prove her worth. She was two years younger than almost everyone, a mere 14 year old entering a school for 16 year olds. She had a lot to prove, the only question that remained was is she ready to step got to the plate?

"For your challenge, you will spar with Professor Glynda Goodwith. If you can sustain yourself for 15 minutes, you will pass." Ozpin declared. When Ruby nodded her head, he clicked yet another button on a remote that triggered a countdown. Glynda had jumped from the stands, and was now positioned across from Ruby.

As the countdown ensued, each loud click of the clock banged Ruby's brain against her head. She was nervous, but she was used to hiding her emotions behind a mask.

The timer suddenly stopped, redrawing Ruby's attention. She could see that, by Glynda's stance, Glynda was allowing Ruby to make the first move. Ruby transformed her scythe from the little red box it was and charged immediately, slashing Crescent Rose at Glynda. Glynda stopped her first swing with the tip of her wand, merely raising it to stop the attack mid-air. Ruby faltered, if only for a second, then immediately spun her body. The scythe followed her movements, spinning with her body and slashing from a new direction. The professor smiled at her skill, then simply moved the wand to intercept the scythe once more. Using her palm, she pushed Ruby back, sending her flying but the lucky red landed on her feet and used her scythe to stop the back-pedal the force from her palm created.

Ruby shot her head up, expecting an attack. Her sharp senses were correct, as her eyes registered the purple blast of energy making it's way towards her. She activated her semblance, rushing past the blast and raising her scythe once more. Glynda reacted faster, easily blocking her swing but being forced to take a step back to support herself. Ruby was shocked even more, her eyes not believing what was happening. Someone was even faster than she was? Her semblance allowed her to move incredibly fast with no repercussion. She had once moved so fast, her uncle Qrow couldn't keep up.

Glynda smiled to herself, then forced Ruby away once more using her palm. This time though, Glynda gave her no breathing room. She fired a blast immediately after, the blast now a bright green and heading towards Ruby at an imaginable speed.