Meet the parents!.

Start from the beginning

”He’s your mum Coop. What she’d think of me will matter to me.” I said.

”Baby, if you let it matter to you, then it will. But if you don’t, then it won’t. We’re not here to please her, certainly not you. Sure I love her, she’s my mother after all but not all parent or parents are right all the time” he explained.

”I still feel nervous of meeting her.” I said making him wrap his arms around my shoulder and pulls me closer.

”Don’t be. Just relax.” He whispered.

<<>>

He went on to explain that there’ll be a family dinner later and that everyone will be around. Again I felt this anxiety over meeting his relatives and all. But I had to keep my calm and remind myself that I should never try to be someone else but me.

Libby came in again, this time, rushing to give me a hug.

”I missed you!” she squealed.

”I’m so glad you’re here!” I said as I feel a little relieved that someone of my own class is around making me remember how well they are treated by the Ruefords and giving me high hopes of thinking they’d be nice to me as well.

Though I have a strong feeling they wont.

Call it an instinct.

Libby started telling me about her journey in Italy, her school, the people and how much she loves it. Cooper nods and excuses himself to go take a shower and will be back later.

I listen to Libby as she tells me how shocked and happy she was when she knew we were officially together, she said she never saw it coming but she’s glad. At least I got her approval.

”I’ve always wanted Cindy but I came to accept they’re not meant to be and that it’s you and him so I’m happy! “ she said.

”Thank you.” I said as I hug her and she does the same.

I mentioned about Coopers parents and she smiled at me.

”Don’t let them intimidate you.” She advised.  Now I feel like I’m going to meet real life devil wears prada type of parents.

Libby chuckled at my reaction.

”Relax Sadie! They’re good people behind their facades.” She said giving me a little relief, but not that much.

Yeah, I should not be quick to judge.

I breathe in and out as I convince myself that there’s nothing I should fear, nothing I should be worried about and absolutely nothing to be ashamed of or shy about. They may be of the upper class but damn, I’m not about to step that high to level with them. I can if I want to but I don’t feel like it’s the right thing to do, besides, what would I get in being a social climber? That profile won’t just fit me.

Libby goes on sharing her experiences in taking up a course in designing. She found something she realized she had a passion about and talking about designs, arts and the like of it just brings Chelsey’s thoughts in my head.

I look away and zone out as I remember the happy moments and then I wonder again where she could be, why she hasn’t called? Is she still mad that I told Landon? Is she safe and how is she and her baby doing? The worry in me just won’t slip away but thanks to landons efforts, I believe he will find her someday.

And speaking of Landon and arts, I looked over Libby.

”Do you know where Landon could be?” I asked and she thought for awhile.