Meet the parents!.

Start from the beginning

”They own all of these?” I asked and she nodded.

”They own as far as your eyes can see” she said.

Why am I still surprised? I thought to myself.

Later on, another new face with the same uniform came around.

”They’ve arrived” she said plainly and left making Emily look at me and smile.

”They’re here. Come on.” She said as I follow her making sure I don’t lose sight of her since I know for sure I’d be damn lost if I wasn’t walking around with her. I felt this feeling of anxiety, it’s not how I pictured our first trip together and it’s killing me a little inside that I am about to meet his parents but I crossed my fingers along the way hoping I’d speak to Cooper first before I face them. There’s just no way I’d face them right at this moment. I haven’t prepared for it.

I hadn’t even realized that it took more than 2 hours to roam the house, more if we were up to take a look on each and every door.

In the living area, I saw Cooper as he walks towards me to give me a hug.

”I’m sorry I had to leave you here baby.” he whispered kissing me on my head. I found calmness in his hold as I bury my face for awhile before gathering up the strength to say something about what happened without nagging, with an open mind and a wide understanding of what’s going on and how come I’ve not known a lot of things regarding him, like this house. This place.

I don’t know how long I was in that state just finding serenity in his embrace but the soon as I look up there was no one around but us left in the room. 

He guides me to have a sit as he sits in front of me.

”Your parents are here too? This is your hometown? Your house, and we’re not technically on our own cause everyone seems to be here.” I said when I heard the door open and saw Libby who I haven’t seen in ages take a peak.

”I’m here too!” she yelled making me stand up.

”Libby!” I said as she smiles. Last I heard from her was that Cooper sponsored her to go to school in Italy. We never really got in touch, though we exchange emails here and there. Just a little catching up.

”Later Libs, I gotta talk to her first” Cooper said giving her the eye as she smiles and backs away closing the door once again.

”I thought she’s in Italy?” I asked.

”She came for a short vacation” he said.

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you landon would be here. But he won’t be tagging along, Em and Jared are going back home and yes my parents are here, they are still out with Landons parents and will be home for dinner. “ he said.

I nod as I absorb the facts. I’m here now aint I? might as well suck it in.

”Okay. It’s okay. But I’m not so sure about meeting your parents.” I said honestly as he looks at me as if he knew.

”I wouldn’t want you to meet them yet either, not that I don’t intend to introduce you but I gotta be honest and say that my moms a little bit of too much sometimes.” He explained and I knew she’s the type of mum I had in mind.

Given that Cooper is an only son, I’ve known mums that can be a little picky on who their sons should date and I think I wouldn’t fit the category.

Cooper stood up to sit beside me.

”You’ll be fine, I got your back and to tell you right now, her opinions won’t change. Not a thing about you and me.” He said reassuring me.