Six

Nico was seeing red. How dare that prince think he could choose my sister as a bride? - he thought as he glared at Will stood atop of the dais.

What made it worse was when Will looked over at Nico. That made his anger worsen. His hand instinctively moved to his sword and he started walking towards the prince. But, of course, the king stood up and stopped Nico in his tracks.

He made a speech that Nico didn't bother listening to, instead he snuck away and headed to Will's chamber.

After pushing open the door to the surprisingly unguarded rooms, Nico sat down in one of the armchairs by the unlit fireplace. He rested his sword across his lap and waited.

Nico didn't react when the door opened and Will was outside. He didn't do or say anything until Will asked, "what are you doing here, Prince?"

Slowly, he got to his feet as he spoke. "I'm here to see the boy who failed to do as I requested." He knew calling him a boy was a cheap shot, but he knew it had the desired effect. As much as Will tried to hide it, Nico noticed him cringe as he said it, and a smirk spread across the dark haired boy's face.

Now that Nico was standing, he started taking steps towards Will. Just as he'd hoped, Will took a step back for every step Nico took forward. And before they knew it, Will's back was pressed against a wall, Nico stood before him, unfortunately looking up at him instead of down.

For a moment, Nico couldn't help but imagine a world where this kind of moment wasn't full of hatred, but the opposite. He found himself thinking - If Will wasn't such an asshole, I can totally imagine us togeth-NO! Don't think like that Nico!

Before he did anything like kiss the bastard, Nico took his sword and pressed it against Will's throat and smirked when he saw the fear in Will's eyes.

"I'm not going to kill you but I will warn you. If you do anything, anything to hurt Bianca, I will kill you! And I wont hesitate. Do you understand?" Nico said. When Will didn't reply, Nico snapped. "Do you understand?"

Now was not the time for someone to walk in, but of course they did. And it had to be Nico's father accompanied by one of, what Nico could only assume to be, one of Will's servants.

"NICO WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING HERE?" His father shouted so loud that Nico swore he could feel the ground shake beneath their feet.

The prince quickly dropped his arm and lowered the sword to his side. He didn't bother answering his father's question because he knew that it wouldn't help his case.

Before he could react, Nico was being dragged out of the room by his father, a firm grip on his elbow that would definitely leave a bruise. Hades dragged his son through the halls to his rooms. Nico was pushed through the door to his father's room and he had to catch himself to avoid falling to the ground.

Quickly, he spun around to face his father who was fuming to say the least. Nico made sure to make his face expressionless.

An hour later Nico walked out of his father's room, bruises forming on his arms, stomach and face. He kept the pain off his face and kept his head held high as he made the trek back to his rooms.

When he finally pushed open his door and entered his bedroom, Nico sat down in a corner and let himself cry.

**********

a/n:

sorry i take so long between updates. i don't have an excuse i'm just lazy. i'm sorry. i'll try to be better

enjoy this chapter

please vote and comment
~Em