Five

The ball was over and Will was back in his room. Despite his efforts, the young prince could not fall asleep. His mind was racing.

Who should he choose to become his wife?

He so desperately wanted to disregard all the women and pick Prince Nico but that was ridiculous. Will knew nothing about the boy. Plus, his father would surely kill him for doing so.

But what if I choose Princess Bianca? Then I could get to know Nico more and maybe find a way to end up with a boy, like I want - Will thought. That seemed like the best option even though Nico would hate him for picking his sister. Will could surely win the boy over... couldn't he? And even if he couldn't, he could still be around the other prince and maybe could become friends. Will could settle with being friends.

~time lapse~

Will rung his hands together nervously. Currently, he was stood in front of the princesses and the family members they and brought with them.

No one, not even his father, knew the choice Will had made, and he was scared he was making the wrong decision.

He swallowed his nervous and stood up a little straighter.

"The princess I have decided to marry is..." he paused and swallowed again. "Princess Bianca of Pègre."

Prince William looked over at the Di Angelo-Levesques and saw the looks of their faces. Bianca's eyes were wide in shock, Hazel's wide but showed how happy she was for her sister. King Hades looked incredibly pleased.

Nico on the other hand...

Prince Nico looked like he was about to kill someone. And Will wouldn't be surprised if the boy grabbed his sword and ran him through in front of everyone.

Nico took a step towards the dais, his hand reaching for his sword but he was stopped when King Apollo stood up from his throne and stood beside his son. "So it is decided. Princess Bianca is to marry my son, Prince William." He announced. The king went on to say a few more things but Will didn't hear.

When everyone was dismissed from the throne room, Will headed back to his rooms. He made up some pathetic excuses to get away from the other king's and queen's who wanted to know why Will hadn't picked their daughters.

Upon arriving back in his rooms, Will was greeted by a furious Nico di Angelo lounging in one of the armchairs by the fire, his sword casually laying over his lap.

Will took a few seconds to compose himself before speaking. "What are you doing here, Prince?"

"I'm here to see the boy-" Will's gut clenched at the word boy. "-who failed to do as I requested." As Nico spoke, he rose to his feet and grabbed his sword. Instinctively, Will took a step backwards.

Nico had a smirk plastered on his face but there was no humour in his eyes, just anger; red hot flames of pure anger.

"Nico..." By now, Will had backed up against the wall, the door too far away for him to reach. Nico was directly in front of him.

Despite Will being a lot taller than the other prince, he still felt small, like a cowering mouse cornered by a cat.

Nico took his sword and pressed it up against Will's throat.

Will froze.

"I'm not going to kill you... but I will warn you." Nico paused. "If you do anything, anything to hurt Bianca, I will kill you. And I won't hesitate. Do you understand?"

Will didn't respond.

"Do you understand?" Nico hissed, pushing the sword further into Will's neck.

Before Will could respond there was a sharp knock on the door. Before Nico could step away from the crown prince, Will's servant George opened the door. The prince was relieved that someone was here to save him from the nightmare that was in front of him. A nightmare that could take his life at any second.

Then Will noticed who had come into the room after George.

King Hades.

Poor Nico... He's in so much trouble... - Will thought when he saw the King's face. The look in Hades' eyes made Will realise just where Nico had got his fury from.

**********

a/n

hello my lovely readers, here's some more solangelo for you all. this chapter was hard for me to write. Nico, don't hurt your boyfriend, play nice please child.

as always, I hope you liked it.

vote/comment

thank you

~Emilie