Two

Nico Altezza di Angelo II, crown prince of Pègre, heir to his father, King Hades' throne, was the middle of three children. His father was the king of the largest kingdom the world has ever seen. However, he was losing money fast. He needed to marry his oldest daughter, Bianca, off to a rich, preferably royal, family. Arguments about money were frequent in the di Angelo-Levesque family.

"Persephone, please my dear! You know we can't afford it." King Hades was currently sat in his throne room, his three children and current wife, Persephone all present. As usual, Hades was arguing. Nico was sat on his throne, not paying attention and picking at his nails with a dagger.

No one in this family cared about being the perfect royal family. No one was dressed 'properly'. Nico wore his shirt and tunic unbuttoned; his sisters, Bianca and Hazel, weren't wearing corsets; King Hades' shirt was buttoned up wrong; and Queen Persephone wasn't wearing any shoes.

"Oh for goodness' sake, Hades. Don't be so ridiculous. We can afford a simple garden." Persephone argued. None of the three children were listening to their parents' argument.

"Persephone, that is not a priority right now. We need to focus on obtaining more money or our kingdom will be finished!" Hades retorted. Persephone huffed and leaned back on her throne, her arms crossed. "Do any of you have any ideas about how we can deal with our money issue?" Hades addressed his kids for the first time that day.

They sat in silence until Bianca spoke up, her voice pretty small but still heard. "I heard that the prince of Soleil is looking for a bride. I could go and enter."

"What a wonderful idea, Bianca. Both you and Hazel can enter." Hades agreed.

Nico dropped the dagger, which clattered to the floor and disturber we the eerie silence of the large throne room, and sprung to his feet. "No! No way! We're not just giving my sisters away to some prince that they've never met before! What if he turns out to be some asshole that beats them?" He yelled, shocking his father, step-mother and sisters.

Hades slowly rose to his feet. "I don't see you with any better ideas, Nico." His voice was small but full of rage. King Hades was getting desperate, and didn't need his son ruining a perfectly good plan.

"I won't let you marry my sisters off, father."

"Nico, please. It's alright. We have to go to the kingdom of Soleil for a weekend, to attend a ball. Would it make you feel better if you came with us?" Bianca asked. leaning forward and putting a comforting arm on her younger brother's arm.

Nico sank back onto his throne, defeated for now but not forever. "Okay, B. That would be fine." He shot a glare at his father but said nothing more.

In the weeks before travelling, Nico did everything in his power to research the crown prince of the kingdom of Soleil. He sat for hours in the library, researching the kingdom's history, the family tree, the family's history. Everything. He also spent time outside of the castle, asking his father's people what they knew about the prince in question.

It was pretty obvious that Nico was letting his 'overprotective brother' side show.

Much to the young prince's dismay, he could find no negative information on Prince William. There was no reason for his sisters not to marry this man, except for Nico's overprotectiveness.

Princess Bianca and prince Nico were sat in the library together the night before they set out to Soleil, Bianca was engrossed in a murder mystery novel while Nico sat there with a book on the royal family of Soleil. Breaking the silence, Nico slammed the leather-bound book shut and stood up, knocking the chair to the ground in the process.