Chapter 32 - Are You Sure You're Ready...?

CC's POV

It had been a week since Legacy had told me about the baby and her stomach had grown massively.

"CC?" I heard her voice call through from the bedroom.

I left the bathroom where I was fixing my hair for an interview I had later in the day.

"Yeah baby?" I replied.

"Could you come here for a second? I need to talk to you..." She sounded nervous. Like she was afraid of what was to come.

I walked back into the bedroom to find her lying just where I had left her in bed.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I need to ask you something." She said, looking down at her hands on her bump that now made her look about 25 weeks (5 months) gone.

I sat down beside her legs on the bed.

She studied my features carefully and I could feel her rummaging around in my head for clues on what I was thinking.

"Are you sure you're ready for all this?" She asked.

The question took me by surprise, but made me think.

Was I ready?

Truly ready?

Of course I was.

This was the greatest thing in the world.

The love of my life was pregnant with my baby.

"Of course I am." I smiled.

She smiled back, knowing that I meant it.

"You know, I wouldn't lie to you. You didn't have to read my head for answers." I chuckled.

Legacy nodded.

"I know. I was just being sure."

I smiled and looked down at my hand with was now resting on her inner right thigh.

"I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." She grinned.

She leaned in as far as she could as I did and our lips touched lightly.

I moved forward so that we could deepen the kiss and she did so gladly.

Her hand rested on the back of my neck and the hand that wasn't resting on her thigh was on her cheek.

She pulled away all too soon, causing me to have a confused look on my face.

"You." She said, raising an eyebrow. "Need to get ready for your interview."

I chuckled and looked down at our now intertwined hands.

"Do you want me to tell everyone?" I asked.

Legacy thought about it for a moment.

"If you want..." She trailed off.

"If I do... I want you to be there." I smiled.

She raised her eyebrow again.

"Why?" She asked.

I looked at her as if it were obvious.

"So I can show you off to the world, of course!"

She giggled and if she wasn't cold-blooded, she would have blushed. I could tell just by the look in her eye.

I got up and kissed Legacy once more before returning to the bathroom and getting the rest of my gear on.

We headed out after she was ready and went to the studio, where we would be filming the interview.