42. Behind The Curtains

••••••••••Alisha POV••••••••••

"Allu, Shanta, shall we go out for a movie this weekend?" Nick asked, while we settled for the lunch. Shanta was mostly with us. She said if she was alone, she couldn't stop thinking of Gowtham. So yeah basically we spent more time together.

"Aarenntt youu goooiiing faar paartty?" I asked whilst munching on my food. Nick gave a confused look.

"First eat and then ask," Shanta ordered. I quickly munched on my food and said, "Aren't you going for party?"

"Nah. I want to spend sometime with you guys," he said, smiling sweetly. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Did I hear that right, Nick? You sounded like you want to spend time with us instead of parties and regular dates," Shanta asked in disbelief.

Nick rolled his eyes and said, "Come on! I know you guys from the childhood. Those girls were like passing clouds. When it comes to importance, I would prefer you two. And if something stands between our friendship," He winked at me and continued, "Shouldn't I remove it from my life?"

It took me a minute to understand what he is referring to. He was referring to the other day when Rahul bhaiya said rubbish to him.

"He didn't get a good date this weekend, I suppose. That's why he is coming with us, Alisha," Shanta said, teasingly.

"No, Shanta. Its for forever. I lost interest in those girls. I'm waiting for my princess to arrive so I can shower all my love on her," Nick added. Shanta and I exchanged looks. Right after 30 seconds all of us burst into fits of laughter.

I controlled my laugh and said, "Alright! Alright. Our mission succeeded."

As soon as I said it, Shanta understood what I meant. She high-fived me. Nick gave a scrutinizng stare.

"We pledged to change your behaviour, Nick. Like going on dates with different girl every weekend. Guess what? We succeeded in it," Shanta announced, grinning triumphantly.

"Arre! You didn't change me. I changed myself," he said, folding hands.

We laughed at his childish gestures. This only made him angry.

He knew Shanta would never stop laughing in anytime soon. "Stop laughing, Allu!" He warned me, nose flaring.

"Look at his nose, Alisha. Its like jack fruit," she said, doubling our laughter.

We laughed so hard that tears formed in our eyes. Nick was still looking frustrated.

Nick took the water bottle and got ready to splash. Before I could stop laughing and warn him not to, he splashed the water. Shanta and I got drenched in water.

As in cue Nick started laughing. The whole canteen was looking at us and all of them started to laugh. Shanta splashed her bottle of water on Nick.

Nick was too shocked to react. Shanta and I high-fived each other. When Nick took the food plate, we ran out of the canteen. He did chase though.

When he was near enough, he threw the contents of plate in my direction. As a reflex, I bent down and the food landed in our professor's face who was walking towards his office.

All the students in that arena bursted in laughter. Our Professor wiped his eyes first and gave us a you-three-so-dead look.

We stood there dead panned. Nick and I grew more serious because he was our Accounts Professor. On the other hand, Shanta had a helluva of time controlling her laughter.

Surely Professor looked funny with noodles and sauce all over his face. Noodles were glidding down from his bald head. One strand of noodle glided down and settled on his nose.