32. Behind The Curtains

Please read the Author's note at the end.

••••••••••Virat POV••••••••••

I rushed towards the party hall, half-hoping that Alisha haven't left yet.

I banged into a table and knocked myself down. Rohit sprinted towards me, "What the hell, Virat? Can't you see the table?" he yelled as he helped me to stand up.

I ignored him and asked Ritika, "Where is Alisha?"

"She left with Jennifer just before 5 minutes. Why?"

I didn't have time to answer her. If I could make it fast, I can find Alisha. I quickly made my way to the parking lot. I hopped in my Toyota Liva, praying that the traffic must be intense. So I can catch up with her.

After driving like Sebastian Vettel for four minutes, I found Jennifer's car waiting for the signal which I was stuck on. The sight of her car gave a little hope to me.

The red light turned to green, the huge amount of cars infront of mine started to move. Jennifer's car cleared the signal. Before I could clear it, the signal turned to red again. I groaned and slammed my hand in the steering which resulted a long pressed horn. Some of the drivers got their heads out to scold me. But no one knew it was Virat Kohli behind the window shield. The window shield was designed in such a way. I could see them from inside but they couldn't.

When the signal finally got cleared, I lost the sight of Jennifer's car. I parked the car in a road side and checked for my phone. I could call Jennier to ask the directions. But wait! Where the hell is my phone? I kept in my pant pocket. I don't remember taking it out at all. I never took it out in the party. I quickly rehearsed the party events. Shit! It must've fell down when I banged with the table.

I honestly don't know how am I going to find Alisha's house.

I wandered like a werewolf looking for her house. Areas by areas, streets by streets, houses by houses, I wandered.

My thoughts drifted to Alisha like always. She confessed her feelings to me the other day. I yelled at her for the only mistake she did. She loved me as Ranveer back then and she loved me again as Virat. She fell in love for the same person. There was nothing wrong in it.

But she could've avoided the part where she said that she don't want Ranveer, my inner voice said. I decided to ignore that. I love Alisha and I want to spend rest of my life with her. That's the only thing matters now.

It was 3am when I found Alisha's new house. I managed to find it with the help of her bike. It was parked in the portico.

The house was relatively small compared to other few houses in that deserted street.

I parked my car behind a huge mango tree so it won't be visible to anyone particularly Alisha. I want to surprise her. A broad smile took its place in my face as I sprinted towards her house.

It was locked inside. It reminded me of the old times where I would open the lock of her house with the spare key I got from Ro. She left the place because of me. She was fired because of me. She was broken because of me.

I will do everything to bring the old cheerful Alisha back. I promised to myself.

I decided to get into her house via the window. Only one window was open. It didn't have any metal rod in it. Why the hell it is open! Any burglar could enter through it easily. I should scold Alisha for being irresponsible.

I looked into the one opened window. I saw siting at the farther most corner of her house, looking agitated. She turned towards the window. I ducked down in time so she couldn't see me. She was still awake!

I heard footsteps. It was Alisha. The sound of footsteps became louder and louder and stopped. I was sure that Alisha was standing near the window. I pressed my hand to my mouth to prevent unwanted noises. I didn't move. I was hiding under the window pane.

CRASH!

A pile of things were thrown out. It was Alisha who threw it via the window. She then banged her window close. Now I understand why the window was open. It was to throw out these things.

Most of the things were dropped right into the dustbin which was kept outside. Few things were scattered out.

One particular thing caught my attention. It was rectangular box wrapped in gift wrapper. On top of it, "For my only love,
RanVEER,"
was written. That was Alisha's handwriting. My heart dropped to my stomach at the sight of it. I bend down and picked it.

I quickly teared the gift wrappings, looking for the present. It was a pen drive.

I sprinted to my car and got in. I located the pen drive on my music player. I turned down the volume so only I could hear it. It loaded . . . and what I heard, literally made me cry.
"You Mr. Ranveer a.k.a Virat Kohli a.k.a The love my life . . . "
Alisha's soft voice filled the air.

She knew it. She knew it. She knew I am her Ranveer. But how? I was very much sure her answer for it will be in the pen drive.

Alisha have recorded her feelings for Ranveer in it. I closed my eyes, laid my head back, tears running down my cheeks carelessly. As I listened to it, I recalled the old times where it all started . . .

••••••••••Alisha POV••••••••••

I got into my home after the awkward ride with Jenni. During the ride, Jenni didn't speak anything nor did she notice my tears. She was lost in her own world so do I.

I changed to a pyjamas and a baggy t-shirt which had the line 'I'm not your punch bag' printed in it.

I wear that dress when someone messes with me. I would took out my punch bag and beat the shit of it. I did the same today. I put on my boxing gloves and punched the punch bag till my anger, frustration, and pain left me. It drained away all my frustration and anger, leaving the pain with me.

I sat down on the couch. My body was smothered in sweat, but my face was drenched in sweat along with tear drops.

I roughly removed the gloves from my hands. My hands were swollen badly. But the pain was much more less compared to the pain in my heart.

I can't live the rest of my life like this anymore. Like Broken.

I need to fix myself and move on. Like Virat have moved on.

I took out the letters, greeting cards, gifts which I have reserved for Ranveer. With a heavy heart, I threw them outside of my window.

I closed the window door, and dropped myself to the floor. I weeped, my body shaking terribly. I tried to scream, but the lump on my throat didn't let any voice out.

I couldn't stop myself from thinking how my life was before Ranveer.

Author's Note:

First of all, thank you each and everyone of you who are reading, voting, and commenting on my book. It means the world to me.

Secondly, don't you guys have the right to know what happened between Alisha and Virat before four years?

So, friends, the next few chapters will be the flashback. Don't get confuse. I will put 120% of myself while writing it. Hope you all keep supporting.

Please vote and comment!