39. Behind The Curtains

••••••••••Alisha POV••••••••••

"Allu, this isn't fair," Nick retorted, looking at his paper again.

"What?" I grinned, mischievously. Nick got second mark for the first time in his entire life time, and that's why he is freaking out.

He snatched my paper and said, "How on the Earth you got that one word right?"

Poor, Nickie. Because of that one word I got first.

"Just brains, Nickie." I ruffled his hair playfully. He huffed and handed my paper back to me. He quietly moved to the other side of the classroom. I laughed.

I was so happy. I mean getting 50/50 accounts will give you altogether a different kind of feel. If my life was a movie, this will be the moment where I realise my passion.

I am so damn passionate about Accounts, and now I wanted to become a Chatered Accountant. CA was my dream from my childhood, but I never thought I could achieve that. Something changed today, the thing is, I started to believe in myself.

Credit goes to Veer as well and ofcourse Virat too. A smile creeped on my face as I thought of Veer.

Nick wasn't there for the entire day. He didn't hangout with Shanta and I today. I never thought he would take this seriously. I never knew he could be jealous considering it is the first time anyone had beaten him in studies.

After college ended, I started walking to home. Rahul, my brother, is in home, and that means bike is reserved for him. I heaved a sigh. Hugging my books close to my chest, I walked further.

I stopped, hearing footsteps in the almost empty road. Panicking, I turned around to face that idiot Nick.

He ran, and stopped infront of me, panting.

"What?"

"Here." He handed me a leaflet. I skimmed through the details. It had every essential detail about CA and its exams.

I gave him a questioning look. He wiped the sweat on his forehead, "Sorry, Allu, for behaving like a jerk in the afternoon. I couldn't accompany in the evening because I went to get you this." He gestured towards the leaflet.

"I want you to prepare for CA exams seriously. Okay?" He asked.

"Okay," I said, getting suddenly emotional.

"Anytime, Any help, I'm one call away." He added and smiled.

I hugged him tightly and said, "Thank you, idiot."

"Friends don't thank each other, Allu." He whisphered in my hair.

"YOU SPOILED BRAT!" A voice pierced through the air. Nick and I pulled off from the hug instantly.

It's my brother, Rahul.

He looked so furious as if he is going to kill someone. This isn't good. He threw a disgusted look towards me.

Within a split second, he grabbed Nick's collar and slammed him against the wall.

Rahul's face was so close to Nick's.
"You! Bastard, didn't you ruin enough of girls' lifes? How dare you to mess with my sister? She isn't a whore like others whom you mess with." Rahul bellowed, hitting Nick square on his jaw.

"Rahul, Stop it." I yelled. But he didn't stop instead he gave another hit on his jaw.

I grabbed my brother's hand and with great thrust I pushed him aside. Nick stood there wiping his blood stained lips. Nor did once Nick tried to hit my brother.