37. Behind The Curtains

"Allu, look at the guy over there."

I turned back to look at whoever Nick was pointing. There was this guy who wears yellow shirt and red pants looking like a clown. "What about him?"

"This guy will look better with you, Allu. Think about it. You two make a great pair," he said.

"Idiot," I said and throw my fat book of Marketing on his face. He quickly moved to the left side before the book hit his face. It misses him by a centi meter.

"Thank God, Allu. Who knows that you have a great throwing skill!" he exclaimed.

"Perks of watching cricket," I said and get myself immersed in an Accounts problem.

"Cricket? You started watching Cricket, huh?"

"Yes, Nickie." I replied and smiled. For a known reason Ranveer came to my mind.

"I chatted with Gowtham," Shanta said as soon as she joined us.

"That's good to hear." Nick replied and closed his note.

"You finished that problem?" I asked. I have been working on it for the past 15 minutes but I couldn't finish it. He started late yet he finished too soon.

"Yep."

This is unfair yaar. I immerse myself in that problem again. When I do, I find the answer after ten minutes.

"I can't be an Chattered Accountant if I keep repeating this," I said and threw my hands exaspperated.

"Chill, Allu. You have lot of time to work on it. Now we are free, Shall we hang out today?" Nick asked.

"We in sense we three right?" Shanta asked uncomfortably. She was feeling left out these days. With Nick and I being in the same group and she in different.

"Arre! Even if you don't want to come, we are not going to leave you. Right Allu?" Nick said. His voice laced out in amusement.

"I am definitely not going to miss out, Nicks." Shanta said.

"WE ARE GOING TO ROCK!" We shout in unison, fist pumping and raising in air.

***

Fair is the best when we go with friends.

Nick was wearing a black cargo with light blue t-shirt. He had his head phone on his neck which made him look more handsome. No wonder every girl in our college drools over him.

Shanta was in his usual black jean and a lavendar coloured capri. My favourite turquoise coloured tops paired with black 3/4th jean made me comfortable in every possible way.

We had loads of fun in the fair as Nick and I continued to throw sarcastic and fun remarks at the passer by. Shanta usually loves to laugh and chuckle at our lame jokes.

We ride in each and every dry games. And Nick ate whatever edible thing he could lay his eyes on.

When I reach home, it was already half passed 10. My parents didn't scold me much since it was the first time after Gowtham moved. I take a quick shower and change into night dress.

I stared at the computer screen as my thoughts shifted to Ranveer. Veer and I have been chatting for a month now. We have become good friends but everytime I chat with him, I feel this weird sensation. Maybe I am just attracted to him.

Maybe he does to. Because whenever I am not in online, he spends his time chatting with Gowtham. And their chats revolves around me. I wonder what they chat about. But no one reveals it to me.

As months rolled and April began, he became extremely busy with IPL matches. As he say so, being a sports journalist is like being a player itself. They need to go to every places the players go and write a column about them.

I wasn't free when he was. He was mostly free at mornings but I had to go college at that time. When I was free, he has IPL matches to look after. So we simply decided a time which we both could offord to spend and it turned out to be early morning.

You know what I was not an early riser but this scheduled chats motivates me to wake up. And it is something I always look forward too.

I lie on my neatly made bed and started to read Sherlock Holmes. Between the pages, unknowingly, I drifted to sleep.

***

The annoying sound of alarm wakes me up. I push myself up from the bed and turn off the alarm. I simply brush my hair with hands and pull into a bun. I finish my morning chores.

I sat infront of my study table and open the laptop. I turn the wifi on. And quickly I log in to twitter.

The Sun is up,
The Sky is blue,
Today is beautiful
And so are YOU, Rose bud.
Good morning.

A smile creeps on my face. This flirty guy definitely know how to make my life better.

I replied:

Sending you a box of Sunshine to brighten your day as You brighten mine. Good morning Veer.

Just a box? 😉

How many do you need to brighten your day?

You, yourself wrapped in a box is enough. 😙

Only you can flirt with me in ungodly hours.

I can't help that. Anyways, when is your exams?

Next week. Why?

Just asking. You told me that you give your best in this exams, remember?

Yeah I do. But the thing is. . . I was used to study just the day before exam. It's kind of hard to change.

Alright. You have to create a new habit. It is that simple, Rose bud.

No. It is not. Even your Virat Kohli can't win all matches.

What has he do anything with your studies?

That's my stupid logic. Don't analysise it.

No. It isn't stupid. You gave me an awesome idea.

What idea?

Let's make it straight. If Virat scores a fifty, you got to get 50/50 in Accounts. What say?

I blink and re-read the text again.

You know Accounts and Cricket are totally different. You can't mix match and try to blend them together.

The base is same. You get a fifty in an IPL match, your average increases. Similarly, if you can get a fifty in accounts, you percentage increases. Simple as that. Don't complicate it, Rose bud.

You sound like a maths theorem.

😒😒Last time I checked we were texting. You know?

Fine. But how are you so sure about Virat getting a half century?

Belief. And I believe him and I believe in you too. But You gotto believe in yourself, Rose bud. Or else you can't win in this cruel world. So is it deal or?

Alright Deal.

After that I logged out and got ready to college, all the while thinking about our conversations. I got to get fifty in accounts.