21. Behind The Curtains

Alisha's POV:

We reached Virat's house within ten minutes. Only Virat can take 'shouldn't travel long thing' this serious. He didn't even allowed me to my flats just because our physiologist suggested to avoid journeys in most cases. Virat is just being ridiculous. I huffed.

I still remember the way he acted when he told me that I was fractured. He acted too nervous. He thought, I will be worried hearing those. But he is wrong! To be honest, this isn't my first fracture. I had already broke my hand while trying my hand in riding the bike. It was in my 10th grade. The doctor said it would take around three months to recover and I couldn't write my public exams. But, I proved them wrong. I wrote my public exams and got good marks. My fracture healed within 6 weeks. It is one of my proudest memories.

"You can sleep here," Virat gestured to the soft, fluffy bed. I looked around the room. It was quite spacious. The walls were drowned in blue. It is exactly the same colour of my room. Somewhat it made me comfortable. Things were neatly arranged. Everything in the house were neat and tidy. Virat can keep his home clean unlike me.

"This place is fresh and neat," I admitted, my eyes still gazing around.

"Thanks. All the credit goes to my maid, Radhu. She does a wonderful job in cleaning. She also takes care of me here," he said proudly.

I can't help but ask, "How old is she?"

Virat chuckled and said, "She is around 25. For the looks she have, I can't believe she isn't married yet."

"Oh," is the only thing I could come up with. I am acting stupid now-a-days.

"Is my Alisha jealous?" Virat enquired, with a smirk in his face.

"Uh.. No! I am not jeal- Wait! You said MY ALISHA! What is it supposed to mean?" I asked, raising one of my eyebrows. His smirk disappeared. His face turned pale.

"I..It just slipped out my mouth," he said and went to the other room, supposed to be the kitchen.

I returned to the bed. Feeling exhausted, I closed my eyes but didn't sleep. It will take time to adjust myself to this new surroundings. I have the habit of rehearsing the day's events during the night.

I kept thinking about how my day turned out to be an eventful one. Suddenly, something warm enveloped me. It is a blanket. I slightly opened my eyes to see Virat, adjusting the blanket all around my body. He thought I slept. I closed my eyes not wanting him to feel embrassed. He then placed my right hand in the pillow.

There wasn't any movement for sometime. Just when I thought of opening my eyes, I felt something warm in my forehead. A feather kiss by Virat. I had a strange feeling which I haven't felt with anyone not even with Ranveer.

Analysing about that, I dozed off.

Next morning

"....Shh! Don't wake her!"

"Wait!"

"She needs rest."

"It is my mistake."

I woke-up amid of all these conversations. I slightly opened my eyes and I found Virat. Probably I am dreaming. I shut my eyes close and took deep breaths.

"She is awake," someone said.

I tried to move my hand but a sharp pain occured in my wrist. Thats when I remembered yesterday's events. I opened my eyes. I'm greeted with seven pairs of eyes.

Virat, Rohit, Ritika, Jaddu, Raina, Jennifer, Yuvraj and Gowtham. What are they doing here?

Virat held my hand and placed the wrist brace. "I can do those," I declined his offer politely. He shrugged it off.