8. Behind The Curtains

My favourite chapter ❤

“Are you mad, Alisha? I don't think you're in right mind,” Rohit's voice made our crew members to look at us. Rohit was walking at a speed of 5 miles per hour.

“Don't shout!” I warned, as I desperately tried to maintain pace with him.  “I want to participate in it,” I said with a finalty in my tone.

That made him to stop. Looking at me, he shook his head in disbelief. “You don't know the seriousness, Alisha. We may be Cricketers, but when it comes to bike race we lose ourselves in it,” He said, as he waited for the lift.

“I know how competitive it is, that's why I want to be in it.” I justified. The lift door opened.

Rohit sighed. He knew that I won't be giving in. “Whatever. I am not responsible for any injuries then.” He stated while getting in the lift.

You are wondering what is going on, right? Let me explain.

Dhoni and some of our team members have planned a bike race tonight. And this will be the best time to prove Rohit's fact wrong that, Girls can't drive Bikes as good as Boys.

Guess what? I will be disguising myself as Rohit, and nobody knows about our little plan.

•••

11:50 PM

Yamaha Fazer!

Yamaha R15!

Duke! 

Pulsar 220!

ZMR!

Royal Enfield!

Wow! I have never seen all these bikes at the same place. It makes me go crazy.

To disguise myself as Rohit, I tied my hair into a bun, and then I wore the helmet. The thick jacket of Rohit's gave a manly look. The safety guards did add to my look. My palms were covered with racing gloves.

I kept checking myself in the mirror. That's when I felt a pair of arms around my waist.

“Ro, I missed you so much baby!” It's Ritika. She is currently hugging me from behind.

Shit!

She is assuming me as Rohit! It would be better to reveal myself to her than fooling her. I turned to her.

The next thing I felt was a warm sensation in my chin. Everything happened in a blur of a movement.

“Rithi, my love,” Rohit called her, in a sing-sang tone. She left me abruptly, confusion painted on her face. I stood there motionless.

Rithika glanced back and forth between Rohit and I. It took a few seconds to register in her mind.

“Oh my God! Oh my God! Oh my God!” she kept repeating these words, which brought back me to the current situation.

“What happened, Rithu?” Rohit asked,  grabbing her chin gently. Rithika ignored him completely. A ghost of shock danced on her face. I, on the otherhand, was trying hard to control my laughter.

“I am sorry; I am sorry; I thought it was Ro-” Enough of my control skills, I burst out into fits of laughter. My body shaking with such a trevor, I removed my helmet.

“You. .  . Alisha,” her mouth was wide open. At once, she started to punch me with all her might. And that didn't stop me from laughing my heart out.

“Excuse me, ladies, may I know what is going on here?” Rohit asked, faking british accent. It added to hilarity of the situation, I laughed harder.