14. Behind The Curtains

"Wanna bet?" Virat questioned amusingly raising one of his eyebrows.

"I am sure that I am gonna win this," I smirked.

"Let's see," he said turning on the television.

A little later Gowtham opened the door slowly. He kept his head low not facing anyone. He stood there awkwardly. Virat gave me a start-a-conversation-with-him look.
"Gowtham--" he cut off me.

"See. I am sorry for what happened yesterday. I never meant to do anything like that. It just... happened." He scratched his back of neck. "I am sorry both of you." He looked at both of us apologetically.

I was dumbfounded. I have known this guy from childhood. He never acted like this before.

First: As far as I know he never apologizes.
Second: I lost that bet because I trusted this guy stupidly.

Virat waved his hand infront of my face snapping me out my thoughts.

Both of them looked at me expecting to say something. "I don't know what to say. Don't forgot to call Aunty. She must be worried about you." I said, and that's exactly when I remembered, my mom!

Mom!

Mom!

Mom!

She is gonna freak out. I didn't call her yesterday after the party. She should have called me.

My phone! God! I threw it somewhere around here. I threw cushions and bedsheets over in the process of searching my phone.

"Whoa! Alisha. What is wrong?" Virat asked. But I don't have time to answer him. My mother must be pissed off right now. She must be worried. I should call her.

There it was! My phone! Underneath the sofa. I bend down and I reached my hand to it. I wiped the dust off the screen, switching it on. It took some seconds, I bet those were the nervous ones like Virat being in nineties. Ugh! Worst comparison.

Switching it on as expected, there were 25 missed calls. 5 from Virat, 2 from my Aunty, 6 from my Dad and the rest from my Mom. I sighed and called my Mom. She picked it up within two rings.

"Alisha! Where are you? Are you still in party? I told you to call me. But you didn't. I tried to call you but your mobile was switched off. How can you be so irresponsible? We were really worried about you. You okay, right?"

"Mom, relax. I am okay," I say. I slowly moved my way towards the balcony. I held the cold metal of the grill in my hands.

"When did you came home? Did you drink?" My mom asked.

"Mom! I never drink! You know that. I came home around 10, I guess."

"Dad was worried about you. I will call him first. You still coming to Delhi?"

"Tomorrow, Mom. I will be there in Delhi by 7:00." I really miss my home, my parents and my brother.

"Beta ask Gowtham to join with you. It has been years since I have seen him. It will be safe for you to have his company while travelling," she said. I rolled my eyes. Only if you knew, the way he drunk yesterday.

"I will ask him. I should pack. Let me catch you later." I hung up. I entered the hall only to find it messy. I'm the cause for it. The way I search things is incredible!

Virat was scrolling his phone sitting in centre of the mess. Gowtham was pouring himself a cup of coffee at the kitchen.

I silently cleaned the place which is more unlikely to me. I never do this kind of job in the morning.