Chapter 1

When we arrived back in the UK, it became a media storm. The paparazzi were trying to get pictures of us and they kept asking if we were back together for good. The answer for us was 'yes' but to them, it was 'no comment'.

Joe was due back to play for Manchester again after his loan spell at Birmingham City ended. He was happy to be going back to play for them but at the same time, he wasn't too sure if he'd be picked to play each game with Shay Given still the number 1.

I opened the front door of our Cheshire home and walked in. I wasn't in the house for more than a minute and already, I hated being back inside after knowing what might have happened in my house with me not being there.

I felt arms circle my waist and two hands rest on my stomach. I sighed and leaned into the body that stood behind me.

"What's the matter?" Joe asked, whispering into my ear.

"I-I want to move house," I answered, turning in his arms to face him.

"Why?"

"I just...it doesn't feel the same here like it used to."

"So, you want to move house? Mia, how many houses do we have to move to before you feel comfortable in it?"

"Do you know what? It's fine." I pulled away from him and began walking towards the stairs.

"Stop," he ordered. I stopped on the first step and turned to look at him. "Fine. We'll move."

I smiled. "Thank you, baby."

I turned and began to walk up the stairs towards our bedroom.

I stopped just outside the master bedroom and looked at the door. Who's to say that he didn't sleep with that slut in our bed? I shuddered at the thought and looked down the hall at the bedroom that had the words 'Connor's nursery' written on the door.

I slowly walked towards it, opened the door and looked round the room. I looked at the wall where the cot was and noticed that there had been a Manchester City crest drawn and painted in the middle of the wall. I leaned my head against the door frame and smiled.

I heard the front door open and leaned back a little to hear who it was.

"Joseph, we've got someone here that is dying to see his daddy." I heard Louise say after the door had been closed over.

I heard Joe walk from the living room, into the hall to see his parents.

"Hows my little man been? Have you missed me?" Joe asked sweetly.

"He's been amazing and has certainly missed you," Louise said.

"Did you go and see Mia?" Charlie asked.

"I did," Joe replied.

"And?"

I stood up straight and walked over to the top of the stairs. As I started to walk down the stairs, Louise and Charlie looked up at me.

"She came back," Joe smiled.

I reached the final step and stopped. Joe walked over to me, Connor firmly held to him by one arm, and pulled me to his side. I smiled at him and looked over at his parents.

"I don't know how you can forgive her for just walking out on you and Connor, but I won't." Louise said.

"How he could forgive me? Louise, I'm sorry, but you seem to be forgetting that Joe cheated on me. It should be a case of, how can I forgive him? My intentions of leaving Joe and Connor weren't-" I started.

"We know he cheated on you but you still shouldn't have left without saying," Charlie said.

"Charlie, you should be lucky Joe still has a football career. If it wasn't for me telling my dad to keep it from the world, his career would be ruined by now."