Chapter twenty one

Start from the beginning

"Well, on the plus side, we'll soon be rid of his abhorrent soul forever. And what a good riddance that will be!" Klaus says. I smile.

"So, am I in the clear, Elijah? Estella? Or is there a new conspiracy you three would like to threaten me over?" Genevieve says.
"Nothing comes to my mind just yet. Don't worry I'll give you a call." I told her with a smirk.
"Oh, gee. Thanks." She says and I give her a fake grin. She stops in front of Klaus. "I have to get back to the girls. Perhaps tomorrow, after the funeral, you and I could spend some time together. Alone?" Genevieve asks and I grimace.

"I suppose we'll have to see." Klaus says making me smirk and Genevieve sigh in annoyance before she leaves.

"Please tell me you've designed a stronger method to control the witch than playing hard-to-get?" Elijah asks and I laugh. I love Elijah lately.

"Well, I've always been partial to the classics..." Klaus says to us.

I shiver and feel drowsy all a sudden.
"Estella? What's the matter?" Klaus asks walking closer to me.
"Just a little cold." I say confused and wrap my jacket around me.

-------------------

I was walking down the streets at this parade in memory of father Kieran with klaus and Elijah.
I feel flushed and keep on coughing. Stupid pregnancy symptoms.

"Are you okay? You see.." Elijah starts to say but i interrupted him.

"I've been pregnant for too long. I'm pissed off and my throat hurts." I finish for him.

Hayley walks over to me and klaus and gestures to Francesca.

"Do you think I was the target of those bombings?" She asks us.
"Of course you were the target! Were I to wage a war on the wolves, you'd be my first kill!" Klaus says.
"I would string you up, for all your worshipers to see." I say to her and she glares at us.

"I think I'm going to spend a few nights with you at the swamp." I say to Hayley.
"Really?" She asks surprised and happy.

I nod.
"I haven't seen you in ages. I want to talk. But no swamp wolves are allowed near me. I'm bringing one of those portable bed things and a mosquito bed nets." I tell her.
"Don't be mean." She nudges me and walks away smiling.

"I think not Estella. You staying in the compound. Where you're safe." Klaus says.
"One bad dream and you're all protective daddy." I say to him feeling annoyed.

He walks over to me and wraps an arm around me pulling me closer to him.

You do not like this Estella. Push him away. Not closer. Stop. He is horrible. No!

"You were there for some of it Estella. My father had a cycle of torment built for me. It not my enticing to become him. This cycle ends with my child." He says. I feel hurt at his words.

I roughly push his arm of me.
"It's our child." I say through gritted teeth and storm away.

I start to feel drowsy again. I cough and lean on a lamp post. I cough up blood and start to panic. But it won't stop and I cough more.

Genevieve runs over to me and shouts for klaus.
Then everything goes black.

----------------------