Part 18

I opened my eyes slowly. The room was bright so it took a bit to adjust to. It smelt slightly of clorox and other disinfectants.

I moved my fingers to see if I could. They were stuff but still able to move. My other hand, however...

Glancing to my side, I saw the stranger holding my hand gently, seemingly contemplating something.

I let out a hoarse, "Um," and he immediately looked at me with those green eyes...

Letting out a relieved sigh he smiled gently at me.

"You finally woke up, I'm glad, ____."

I pushed my voice struggling to keep my voice steady.

"Why am I here...?"

His eyes went wide, then filled slightly with sympathy.

"You were almost raped..." he whispered out, tightening his grip reassuringly.

I was dumbfounded. My mouth hung open as I tried to piece together the flashbacks I was having.

"So... He wasn't able to do anything...?" I looked at him, looking for answers, looking to see if he was lying.

He nodded. "I came right in time, if I had been any later..." he trailed off as he shook his head, as if to get that thought out of his head.

"Where is the man now...?" I asked quietly.

The stranger looked at my hand.

"He's dead..."

There was silence after that, the memory of what had happened came back.

"Did I do it..?"

He let go of my hand, I suddenly felt empty. I felt my eyes sting.

He got up heading towards the door.

"W-Where are you going?" I stuttered out.

"We'll meet again, _____." He looked over his shoulder and smiled.

Before he got out of earshot I called out to him.

"Can I at least know your name?" He stepped back into view.

"It's Ukyo."

And with that he left. 

And in with another man, one I didn't even think about since that traumatic night.